For those of you who use the KissAnime plugin: I've added more metadata support

Heiren

Oct 28, 2013
Hey guys.

This addon by THE******* is great, but one thing that always bugged me was that the metadata was lacking. That's to be expected because of all the wacky names and tricky ordering people use to list anime.

Some of the shows had correct descriptions and fanart, but the metadata wouldn't transfer to the player. Thus if you use Trakt like I do, it wouldn't scrobble.

Well the past two weekends I took a dive into programming in python and for Kodi for the first time to see what I could do to *******'s code.

Through a lot of trial and error, I was able to get metadata to most shows (unless the seasons were ordered tricky) through use of the refresh metadata function. Movies work as well. Long shows like Dragon Ball Z or Bleach can trip up on a episode though, causing everything to be off by 1 or more.

The code is very sloppy, and probably very inefficient but it works (atleast for me on a Windows 8.1 PC, and iPad)

Right now I've got it working if you use the AutoPlay: Next feature. The metadata is focused on the episodes, not when a list of shows is populated. Also turn off the eod @ playback option.

If you want to check it out place the default.py into your Kodi\addons\plugin.video.kissanime folder

Back up the one that's already there

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K4kA4ecibdOUh6Z1FkMXp2Ymc/view?usp=sharing

Here are some pics

Last edited:

Heiren

Oct 28, 2013
It's now been updated to be less reliant on the IMDB id

Long List Shows have been corrected

Video player metadata selection optimized

BobBobert

Jun 30, 2016
I've looked for Kodi\addons\plugin.video.kissanime folder
But i don't have any plugin.video folders at all.... Any advice on what i should try next? Or how i can resolve this?