Forum issues,adverts on peoples posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Suddenly pages arent being displayed correctly (on a pc anyways)

Peoples posts are being shoved across to the right hand side of the screen and there is a big gap to the left of them

When i turned adblock and ghostery off to see what the trouble was,the big white gap is now adverts appearing next to peoples posts,so shoving the text out of position and causing problems

Anyone else seeing this? Just started today

Last edited:

p4d4w4n

Dec 2, 2014
I did notice this also but then The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Suddenly pages arent being displayed correctly (on a pc anyways)

Peoples posts are being shoved across to the right hand side of the screen and there is a big gap to the left of them

When i turned adblock and ghostery off to see what the trouble was,the big white gap is now adverts appearing next to peoples posts,so shoving the text out of position and causing problems

Anyone else seeing this? Just started today

I have the same problem but didn't know it was advert. I don't have an ad blocker installed but can't see the add anyway, just everything shoved to the right. That many ads is a bit of overkill IMO. It's just a PITA now. But if it puts an end to "the server is too busy at the moment" thing, I'm all for it. Ads pay for servers.

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
The ads have been here for a long time around the forum,but for some reason since today they have appeared in peoples posts causing the text to be shoved over to the side

It just looks like a big white space until i turn off adblock/ghostery and then i can see its ads plastered in the middle of peoples posts

Im thinking something went wrong somewhere lol

I also dont particularly want to see adverts inviting me to pick up single asian women and the likes amongst other things,in the middle of peoples posts when im trying to read something on the forum

Leave the ads along the top in the headers or at the sides if needed,but not in the middle of peoples posts :(

Last edited:

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Yes,it seems to have gone a bit crazy,it looks a bit of a mess at the moment

Last edited:

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
The ads have been here for a long time around the forum (i just dont see them as i use an adblocker),but for some reason since today they have appeared in peoples posts causing the text to be shoved over to the side

It just looks like a big white space until i turn off adblock/ghostery and then i can see its ads plastered in the middle of peoples posts

Im thinking something went wrong somewhere lol

I also dont particularly want to see adverts inviting me to pick up single asian women and the likes amongst other things,in the middle of peoples posts when im trying to read something on the forum

Leave the ads along the top in the headers or at the sides if needed,but not in the middle of peoples posts :(
I kind of like the single Asian women ads, don't tell my wife though she'll kill me!

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
LOL

Its like watching a game of tennis trying to read through a thread now

Half the posts are on one side then the next ones are shoved over to the side

Back and forth.......

al101

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
I get this 90% of the time.
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

At lest you are getting something.

Of late this forum has been going down hill...
whats up with advertizing Kodi as cord cutter?

Eleazar Coding

Retired Moderator
Oct 10, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
I had done some upgrades to the forum and theme and the ad placement seems to have been changed in it. I've emailed the designer requesting that it be fixed as soon as possible.

As far as the server busy notices go, I'll be addressing the issue very shortly in an announcement post, because I think it's time that we explain exactly why this is happening in more detail. I'm going to close this thread in order since the issue is in the process of being address and I'd like to avoid this thread getting too out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.