Status
Not open for further replies.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
France 24 Live

I am discontinuing development of this addon. I have not been able to overcome issues with the stream only lasting a few seconds. If I figure out how to fix that I will look into bring it back.

I am pleased to announce the release of the France 24 Live !

This addon allows you to watch the France 24 channel live! Unlike many addons the France 24 Live addon opens the stream directly so it is super slick and intuitive. This addon is a zero config addon.

The addon is available in the TVADDONS Repo.

I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

naby

Mar 11, 2018
France 24 stops about 10sec after playing

Hi, I've installed France 24 Live from TVADDONS. When I click on it, it starts very well with live streaming and high quality HD but then it stops after 7-10 seconds into playing. How can I fix?

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hi, I've installed France 24 Live from TVADDONS. When I click on it, it starts very well with live streaming and high quality HD but then it stops after 7-10 seconds into playing. How can I fix?
Be sure that MPEG-DASH is enabled in the YouTube addon. The France 24 addon is supposed to check to be sure that it is but it might be missing the setting somehow.

ExTechOp

May 15, 2018
Very strange. I would need a debug log to check it closer. I am not able to replicate the issue.
I've just installed this add-on on my Raspberry Pi 3 Kodi system, and I have the very same problem: the add-on just goes away after about 5 seconds of really good picture. Can you give a pointer to how to create a debug log with the relevant information?

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I've just installed this add-on on my Raspberry Pi 3 Kodi system, and I have the very same problem: the add-on just goes away after about 5 seconds of really good picture. Can you give a pointer to how to create a debug log with the relevant information?
I believe Indigo has a debug log tool. If I am mistaken then I know that there are other addons for that. I generally just FTP/SSH into my box and grab it from the temp folder.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I still have the same issue, so here is a log file of 3300 lines (442k) where I start the France 24 video add-on, and it stops after about 5 seconds. Hopefully I've set the correct debug parameters?
This addon requires the MPEG-DASH setting to be enabled in the YouTube addon settings. It should prompt you if this is not true. Can you check the YouTube addon to see if that setting is set to true?

ExTechOp

May 15, 2018
This addon requires the MPEG-DASH setting to be enabled in the YouTube addon settings. It should prompt you if this is not true. Can you check the YouTube addon to see if that setting is set to true?
Yes, this is set to be enabled. I believe the first time I ran the France 24 add-on, it did prompt me to change this setting. Interestingly, earlier I had exactly the same issue (5 seconds of picture, then stopping without error message) with your Al Jazeera Live add-on, but this doesn't seem to be happening now, that one works just fine now.

Ambremont

Sep 19, 2016
I have the same issue; France 24 stops after 25-30 seconds. MPEG-DASH is enabled in YouTube addon as well as MPEG-DASH proxy. I also clicked on the Input Stream Helper. My YouTube addon is version 6.1.0~Alpha10. France 24 does not work on the earlier version 6.0.2.

jmh2002

Nov 20, 2012
FRA, ITA, UKR,
If this addon is simply calling the France 24 stream to be played by the YouTube addon, then in addition to MPEG-DASH, etc, I believe that KODI v18 is also required for France 24 to work. See the following 2 posts on the kodi.tv forum:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325740&pid=2734012#pid2734012

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325740&pid=2734140#pid2734140

This seems to be related to the video type of the particular live stream. Some live streams work with v17 and MPEG-DASH, others need v18 and MPEG-DASH.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I am discontinuing development of this addon. I have not been able to overcome issues with the stream only lasting a few seconds. If I figure out how to fix that I will look into bring it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.