The Yellow Brick Road
Free Funny Videos

Based on the freefunnyvideo website

Just something to "get my feet wet" with python
Yes, Its a cheesy website.
Yes, It is ALL low quality videos.
But thats what I wanted to start with, Simple stuff..."Yeah Right" lol

But it works...almost.
When you click on the initial category, It works as intended. WOOHOO!!
When you click on the secondary category, IMO it "should" play the video.... Hmmm..
Instead it opens another menu that you must click on to play the video...
So point me in the right direction guys.
Keep in mind this is the first time I have tried this type of coding, AND I learn by trial and error...LOTS OF ERROR.

It is in my repo HERE

Check it out and give me some critique ...just be gentle.:) It is my first time lol

o9r1sh

Sep 12, 2012
Michigan
Not sure that this is the best or proper way of doing this but it seems to work fine. By adding the following code to your addLink function just before the return statement you will get the results your after.

xbmc.sleep(1000)
xbmc.Player ().play(url, liz, False)

Like i said, I'm still learning myself so I'm not sure this is the best way. I just know it works. Good job on the addon :)

Blazetamer

Mar 3, 2013
The Yellow Brick Road
I knew it was in that area but as I said , I'm the newbie. Lol. I'll check into adding that first chance I get. Thanks o9r1sh.
The way I figure it, we are all in this thing together. May as well have fun while we are at it. And hopefully you guys can lead me in the right direction. We all start somewhere huh??

o9r1sh

Sep 12, 2012
Michigan
Right on, if it isn't fun then it isn't worth doing. You know what the funny thing is? I only just figured this out like a week ago, I still need to add it to most my own addons. Tomorrow is my first day off since last monday so that's when I intend to do it :)

Unless of course a better solution arises in the meantime, lol

Blazetamer

Mar 3, 2013
The Yellow Brick Road
Not sure that this is the best or proper way of doing this but it seems to work fine. By adding the following code to your addLink function just before the return statement you will get the results your after.

xbmc.sleep(1000)
xbmc.Player ().play(url, liz, False)

Like i said, I'm still learning myself so I'm not sure this is the best way. I just know it works. Good job on the addon :)
Thanks o9r1sh,
That seems to have done the trick.
Changelog will credit you as well!!