Release Free Live TV Addon

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Free Live TV

I am pleased to announce the release of the Free Live TV!

This addon provides easy access to many channels that are freely available. It really has something for everyone!

This addon is a zero config addon.

The addon is available in the TVADDONS Repo.

I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
  • Happy
Reactions: capslock

baboonie

Oct 9, 2016
mhancoc7

Here are a few more you may want to add to your list. http://wzts.tv/watch/ is a local cozi station,some hours has local broadcasting. Court TV is back even if sold the original to TruTV https://www.courttv.com/title/court-tv-live-stream-web/ and the best of all has Buzzr,Newsnet,Antenna TV,Action Channel,Newsmax,Weather Network,Rev'n,Sports,Retro TV,Vibrant,This TV,.ewelery TV,Youtoo TV,etc, TV25 has a lease to run the networks. All are OTA channels, they have more all OTA channels.

To anybody that wants to catch the channels can go to iGOcast.com until and if mhancoc7 runs with them.

jachapelle

Apr 23, 2018
Hi,
I've been trying to get Powernationtv up and running to no avail. I've tried your install notes and MetalChris' but I can't get it to work. Would you have any suggestions? Many thanx

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hi,
I've been trying to get Powernationtv up and running to no avail. I've tried your install notes and MetalChris' but I can't get it to work. Would you have any suggestions? Many thanx
I am not sure what addon you are working with. The Free Live TV addon doesn't have the station that you mentioned.

jachapelle

Apr 23, 2018
Hi,
I thought it was through your add on list but it's from Metalchris' but I can't find a way to contact him. Any ideas?
I went through the github
metalchris repo
and plugin.video.powernationtv
it goes through the motions ok but nothing happens???

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hi,
I thought it was through your add on list but it's from Metalchris' but I can't find a way to contact him. Any ideas?
I went through the github
metalchris repo
and plugin.video.powernationtv
it goes through the motions ok but nothing happens???
I have no idea how to contact him sorry.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
The latest release of Free Live TV is up to 25 channels. Some new additions recently include.

• CBS Sports HQ
  • ET Live
  • NASA TV
  • Celebrity Page Network

Hope you all enjoy!

baboonie

Oct 9, 2016
mhancoc7 if you want a bunch of other OTA channels that are free to air, Legit, Let me know. Tried putting them on here but didn't show up.

baboonie

Oct 9, 2016
P.S. Some of these are more watch OTA, Antenna TV,This TV,Cozi TV,Retro TV,Court Tv,etc.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I would love to have more channels. I have not been able to pull the streams for many of those, but I would love to try.

Thanks

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I just pushed an update to my repo that adds Spirit TV and Court TV. Will request that it get added to the TVA Repos soon.

Hope you enjoy

Reactions: syntax

baboonie

Oct 9, 2016
Sorry about taking so long to get back to you mhancoc but here where you should be able to scrape them from.
https://player.igocast.com/home.html tv25.tv has the rights to stream them from their ld broadcast antenna in kansas. The first 12 on https://player.igocast.com/home.html are from them. Tv25 also owns the site igocast. The rest are mostly what you got in you free tv addon.
And here is a legit affiliate broadcaster of a cozi tv station from WV but there are a few hours it isn't cozi, they have some shows they play. http://wzts.tv/watch/ .

P.S. up to a week ago you could stream the ota channels on this site. Now they have a banner up asking for you to sign up. But might be worth a try. To see if the actual site is still open in kodi. They have 15 ota channels the company in toronto is grabbing and rebroadcasting from across the lake. 12 of them are america ota stations and diginets.

http://wzts.tv/watch/

Reactions: monty28428

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Thank you so much! I have just pushed an update to add several of these channels. These were some of the ones that I have been really wanting to get. Thank you! I will request that this get pushed to the TVA Repo.

marbor

Jun 12, 2014
i am new here. can someone works on maltese channels that are - tvm, tvm 2, net television, parliament tv, one tv, F Living, smash television and xejk. sometimes they transmits even direct important football matches like world cup and european cup matches. these channels are free to air channels. thanks for the good work.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Thank you for your input. To be honest I focus mostly on US channels. However, I am open to adding any quality stream. Do you have links where those channels can be viewed online?

baboonie

Oct 9, 2016

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I didn't add Action because for some reason it wouldn't play. I am still investigating. I didn't add the others because I got tired and needed some sleep. Remember I do this as a hobby and share it for free. So I add what I want to add and or have the time to add. If you feel like I am not adding channels fast enough or not adding ones that you want feel free to fork the addon and maintain your own version.

I am not trying to be rude. I just want to be sure that we keep perspective on how this works.

Reactions: syntax

baboonie

Oct 9, 2016
Sorry mhancoc7 I didn't mean to sound like I was trying to force you too. I agree with you on want to add what I want. I'm an oldtimer really been with tvaddons for a long time. Like you I'm working on my own stuff. Use to help people with their addons.ini file and tvguides. Anyways sorry about sounding like that I too work to many hours on this stuff. I can tell you this that might help on some of the ones you couldn't get to work that are still in the website list and work on their website.. I use a list I put in lsp for the stuff I'm working on and all the ones I mentioned you might want to add work fine in my list.

P.S. I'm here to help the people too like you. Going to make stuff that will help people that is legit like I use to.
P.S.S Keep up the good work you are doing for the people and if sometimes I say something to you that sounds like I'm trying to order you ignore it I'm not meaning to.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
No worries man. I just wanted to be very clear. I was also in a pissy mood yesterday so was kinda primed to take things the wrong way. I am glad that you like my work and I appreciate the input and especially the links to the streams. Those are hard to find. I will be working on things more this weekend I am sure. :)

Reactions: monty28428