Free time = play time

Gibbio

Dec 21, 2012
Hey Guys

Just wondering what skins everyone is using these days...?

I'm setting up some systems for friends and family and had been stuck using good ol' confluence since ever lol

Stated playing around and came across one called Amber thought it was pretty nice and seems to runs really good on the PI..

I got bored of confluence I liked the old version that had different backdrops for the different menus etc

What's your choice and why?

Quihico

Jun 4, 2013
Confluence Custimizable Mod.
All the extra's (tvtunes, smartplaylist, artworkdownloader etc etc) included and fully customizable. Add or delete items from home menu (including System). If you are looking for different backdrops you might wanna try this one.

Invincibleinc

Sep 12, 2013
Toronto, ON
I know Whufclee uses and recommends Amber as a high performance skin for the pi.

I'd love to mess around and change up, but it took long enough to get the wife up to speed on confluence, so I can't really afford to shake things up now, unless I want to spend all day fielding "how do I?" texts at work. :/

Kjxn

May 11, 2012
I agree with using quartz 3. Easily customizable and takes less resources than other skins. Very smooth and clean. I have tried other skins and always go back to quartz.

offroad

Oct 16, 2013
Umouch - thanks for comment. hope so about menu adjustment of OUYA -XBMC. because that's an unusual menu item under PROGRAMS that is not in a general XBMC installation.

Gibbio

Dec 21, 2012
Excellent responses Quartz3 I will poke around with tonight...

@Quihico where do I get this customizable mod you mentioned?

ute

Dec 16, 2012
I use amber ..very fast

but that being said I have not used quartz ...but this seems very interesting will give it a spin

thanks guys for the tip

Gibbio

Dec 21, 2012
Ya.. Quartz appears to be the same as SI02 from what I remember about that skin

Gibbio

Dec 21, 2012
Awww yes correct very similar to each other

Quartz is awesome actually just playing with it for 10 min and will be excellent for newbies very easy to navigate i will most likely use it for my setups for friends

I wish when you changed the image for the particular shelf item that it changed the entire screen image not that small little one that's displayed tho

Kjxn

May 11, 2012
I agree, the old one (before the update) allowed that and it was sweet. One more pointer, I use the categories addon, set up my categories, add the category i created and populated to my favorites, and you get EVEN more space for customization. My parents and grandparents navigate through it easily. I made a section in categories for Sports and when my dad goes to it, he finds all his sports addons. If your in the mood to play, check it out :)