FTV USB Port now enabled but kind of a bummer with fat32 hdd and file size limit.

bitbucket

Nov 6, 2014
Posted just incase others weren't aware as myself. I don't use the FTV as often as my other system, but I thought this was great news at first.

Then I get a message saying that the drive must be formatted with FAT32. The problem with that is the file size limit. Likely done on purpose to prevent ripping? ,as why enable a new feature to use outdated technology?

However, I connected my external 2TB drive that is ntfs and I was able to see the directory structure but the drive was making some clicking sounds that it doesn't do on my pc.

Fat32
maximum hdd drive size: 2TB
maximum file size: 4GB

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
Posted just incase others weren't aware as myself. I don't use the FTV as often as my other system, but I thought this was great news at first.

Then I get a message saying that the drive must be formatted with FAT32. The problem with that is the file size limit. Likely done on purpose to prevent ripping? ,as why enable a new feature to use outdated technology?

However, I connected my external 2TB drive that is ntfs and I was able to see the directory structure but the drive was making some clicking sounds that it doesn't do on my pc.

Fat32
maximum hdd drive size: 2TB
maximum file size: 4GB
I don't like the format either but I play all my movies and TV from network smb shares.
There's a tutorial here to get around the size limitation in case you or another user is unaware
http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-play-files-larger-than-4gb-off-the-fire-tvs-fat32-usb-storage-in-kodi/

bitbucket

Nov 6, 2014
Awesome thank you.

I play my off my network as well but I wanted to make one of these systems for my parents who don't have internet or a network. I was going to back up my media on an external drive and keep it at there house.