Full Screen XBMC on AppleTv3

shaz786

Banned
Feb 11, 2013
East London
The closest thing to XBMC on an Apple TV 3 until the jailbreak comes out.

Before proceeding install the confluence skin. This will make it easier to navigate.

IMPORTANT. THIS WILL ONLY WORK WITH IPHONE 4s, 5. IPAD 2/3/4. NOT WITH IPHONE 4 AS YOU CAN'T AIRPLAY MIRROR WITH THAT PHONE

Make your ur Apple TV is on. Then from your iPad/iPhone double click the home button slide left and click on the airplay logo click on your Apple TV and then turn ON MIRRORING. After this you should see your device displaying on your tv but with cropped bars.

Open up XBMC and go to Settings -> System -> Video output and change it to "Display #2".....
Wait for it. And viola. :D Your xbmc should be full screen on your TV and now you can use the iDevice screen for directional navigation by swiping. Tap to select things, two finger swipe to go back.

This has been on the xbmc FAQ for ages but just didn't realise it.

Sorry if this has been posted already. But I fought the need to share my xbmc experience with you guys. Anyway if this helped then I'm glad. If it didn't then too bad lol. Enjoy your new full screen xbmc with all the great plugins

Added video tutorial

[video=youtube_share;WIV4IfdVrAQ]http://youtu.be/WIV4IfdVrAQ[/video]

Last edited:

shaz786

Banned
Feb 11, 2013
East London
Yup. Same here. Couple of days ago I came across an old thread using discussing displayout from cydia. And somehow stumbled across this beauty. Been watching so many film in 1080p on my 55" LED TV and it looks great :)

Also is it possible to sticky this so others can see it?

Last edited:

Sludge

Jan 8, 2013
is there a way to make my phone display full screen on the atv3 without using xbmc?

crusader88

Apr 19, 2013
like show content off your phone on the apple tv or show your home screen on the apple tV?

gezeebeezee

Dec 26, 2013
The closest thing to XBMC on an Apple TV 3 until the jailbreak comes out.

Before proceeding install the confluence skin. This will make it easier to navigate.

IMPORTANT. THIS WILL ONLY WORK WITH IPHONE 4s, 5. IPAD 2/3/4. NOT WITH IPHONE 4 AS YOU CAN'T AIRPLAY MIRROR WITH THAT PHONE

Make your ur Apple TV is on. Then from your iPad/iPhone double click the home button slide left and click on the airplay logo click on your Apple TV and then turn ON MIRRORING. After this you should see your device displaying on your tv but with cropped bars.

Open up XBMC and go to Settings -> System -> Video output and change it to "Display #2".....
Wait for it. And viola. :D Your xbmc should be full screen on your TV and now you can use the iDevice screen for directional navigation by swiping. Tap to select things, two finger swipe to go back.

This has been on the xbmc FAQ for ages but just didn't realise it.

Sorry if this has been posted already. But I fought the need to share my xbmc experience with you guys. Anyway if this helped then I'm glad. If it didn't then too bad lol. Enjoy your new full screen xbmc with all the great plugins
So I am able to mirror as well as change the "Display Mode" to "Full Screen #2" but when I do so, xbmc shows up on my TV sideways (I have to tilt my head to read the words). Am I missing something?

Sat165

Jan 7, 2014
Are you guys running ios7?

This has happened to me since running ios7. I can not for the life of me get it to rotate. Xbmc is kinda useless for me at the moment

Anyone got ideas?

Brightspark98

Nov 27, 2013
I'm running ios7 and have exactly the same problem, xbmc running sideways when display#2 is selected and cant figure out how to rotate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sat165

Jan 7, 2014
So I am able to mirror as well as change the "Display Mode" to "Full Screen #2" but when I do so, xbmc shows up on my TV sideways (I have to tilt my head to read the words). Am I missing something?
Update: This issue is fixed in the latest nightly build, if you just install this on your ipad it will be full screen

enjoy!

skelfbsfb

Apr 30, 2013
Glasgow
Ive connected my ipad to tv through lightening adapter. If I stream from internet websites this will go full on screen but if I stream from xbmc it will not. Ive looked at the setting you have shown for Apple Tv but I cannot switch the Full Screen 2 as this does not show.

iamnimrod

Apr 17, 2014
Ive connected my ipad to tv through lightening adapter. If I stream from internet websites this will go full on screen but if I stream from xbmc it will not. Ive looked at the setting you have shown for Apple Tv but I cannot switch the Full Screen 2 as this does not show.
Same issue with this. I dont have the Full Screen #2. Anyone figured out how to fix this?

shaz786

Banned
Feb 11, 2013
East London
Sorry guys not sure what the problem is. I know if the screen is upside down the latest Gotham build fixes this issue so maybe try installing that.