Fusion Couldn't retrieve directory information. Please Help

Davrb

Oct 12, 2016
Hi,

New to Kodi but installed on my device today on Windows 10.

I have tried to add Fusion but get the error message "Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?"

I've googled the problem but found no solution that works and could do with some help.

I am using http://fusion.tvaddons.co (it adds the / automatically when I click "done")which I have typed, re-typed, c&p but no luck.

I have pasted the link into my browser and it connects but not on Kodi.

I've tried turning the firewall off, turning Kodi and the PC off and turning it on again....

Please Help!!!!

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
Hi,

New to Kodi but installed on my device today on Windows 10.

I have tried to add Fusion but get the error message "Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?"

I've googled the problem but found no solution that works and could do with some help.

I am using http://fusion.tvaddons.co (it adds the / automatically when I click "done")which I have typed, re-typed, c&p but no luck.

I have pasted the link into my browser and it connects but not on Kodi.

I've tried turning the firewall off, turning Kodi and the PC off and turning it on again....

Please Help!!!!
Almost positive this is a firewall issue on Windows. Do you have BT Home Hub?

lardybloater

Jun 10, 2014
Uninstall kodi completely, ensuring the temporary folders are checked OK to be deleted.

Once the full uninstall has been completed.

Reboot the box and reinstall Kodi, fusion etc. This is the process I follow when updating and clean installing Kodi and fusion.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Cheeky

Oct 11, 2012
Great White North
I'm getting the same error message, "Could not retrieve directory information. This could be due to network not being connected" on my Mac after installing Kodi. No log uploader to use and for some reason I can't get a screen shot.............ideas? I've uninstalled/reinstalled with no success.:confused:

Last edited:

Cheeky

Oct 11, 2012
Great White North
Well I still haven't gotten anywhere with installing fusion. I've checked and rechecked all the usual culprits - spelling, firewall, Internet connection, fusion link is operating?? I'm running the latest os on a Mac. Any help would be appreciated.

Chadman

Oct 12, 2014
Take a photo with you phone so we can check that its been done correctly.

Go the site on your computer outside of kodi, download pertinent files, and install them as zip files.

Cheeky

Oct 11, 2012
Great White North
ok I downloaded the files and installed them as zip files. Each flashed as enabled in the bottom left but when I went to the appropriate spot ie: progams and selected config wizard it was empty. I also tried installing the repo from a downloaded zip with the same result. I started new once again so that I could get a screen shot of the error message. Here's the link: http://imgur.com/a/zdSbG

Last edited:

Chadman

Oct 12, 2014
So, second picture shows there is no mistake in the actual url.

Installing zip files should have worked.

At this point, I would try the mac freetelly app and see what happens. Its a preconfigured kodi. First, uninstall kodi. Find the folder and delete everything, just in case, after uninstall. Then, grab freetelly (its got its own forum above) and install it. See if that works.

Cheeky

Oct 11, 2012
Great White North
I did a complete uninstall of Kodi and installed Free Telly; it won't configure. I'm at a total loss......its not my internet as I can stream without issue.

Rickt1962

Oct 30, 2013
I did a complete uninstall of Kodi and installed Free Telly; it won't configure. I'm at a total loss......its not my internet as I can stream without issue.
The solution was found : check if you didn't accidentally enabled a proxy server in kodi:
settings > system > internet access

'use proxy server' should be turned off there

diesel712

Aug 10, 2016
I have the same problem
But my internet access is off, I tried changing the rendering method no luck.
It's like kodi can't connect to the internet or retreive the URL