Fusion files missing? Cannot install Fusion

rthomasson

Dec 20, 2013
Hey everyone,

Putting Kodi on a new system and I am having problems installing fusion. There are a few strange things going on as well. I have done this many times in the past with no issues, but it seems that the fusion files on fusion.tvaddons.co/ are possibly missing?

I started off doing the normal set up by adding the fusion directory to download from zip. I got an error message stating that it was unable to download the files due to invalid structure. I checked the URL many times and I had it typed in correctly. I am able to find the fusion directory and I see the addon installer, fresh start, and hubwizard but when I choose any of those files I get the error.

Another interesting point is that with the introduction of indigo, apparently I should also see that option as well. It is not there. So I actually went to fusion.tvaddons.co in my browser and when I attempt to download the zip files, I either get a 404 (file not found) error, or (if I try to force the download) the file is empty. Seems like the files have been removed (?).

Has the URL changed? I have also tried accessing this site from many different locations and I get the same thing. Anyone have the same problem or suggestions?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
If you are also getting an error from the web browser, it could simply be a problem with the server. Not sure if updating our servers may be affecting the servers for Fusion. I would take a short break and try again tonight or tomorrow see if that works. There are no obvious reasons why it shouldn't work for you.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
It's all working for me right now, just tested it, possibly a server hiccup or bad connection on your end... Might be a bad DNS entry on your ISPs end as well since the servers were recently upgraded...

jwineka

Feb 20, 2017
Problems with Fusion

Hey everyone,

Putting Kodi on a new system and I am having problems installing fusion. There are a few strange things going on as well. I have done this many times in the past with no issues, but it seems that the fusion files on fusion.tvaddons.co/ are possibly missing?

I started off doing the normal set up by adding the fusion directory to download from zip. I got an error message stating that it was unable to download the files due to invalid structure. I checked the URL many times and I had it typed in correctly. I am able to find the fusion directory and I see the addon installer, fresh start, and hubwizard but when I choose any of those files I get the error.

Another interesting point is that with the introduction of indigo, apparently I should also see that option as well. It is not there. So I actually went to fusion.tvaddons.co in my browser and when I attempt to download the zip files, I either get a 404 (file not found) error, or (if I try to force the download) the file is empty. Seems like the files have been removed (?).

Has the URL changed? I have also tried accessing this site from many different locations and I get the same thing. Anyone have the same problem or suggestions?

I am having the same problem. I am trying to download onto my FireTV and it the Indigo file isn't showing up. When I try to download, it says it is connecting then it terminates like the file isn't there. When I check with my computer, it says the file isn't there 404 . I had even removed my Kodi and started over because I thought I must be doing something wrong. I tried all the files. I have been banging my head against the wall here beginning to wonder why something so simple isn't working....

rthomasson

Dec 20, 2013
Very Strange. I just went back to the website and tried to access the zip files just now and I am still getting the same thing. I have attached screen shots of me navigating there as well.

This system will not let me put URL's but the screenshot links are below (add https)

//imgur.com/a/8X9lZ

//imgur.com/a/xHuEI

rthomasson

Dec 20, 2013
Also another thing to note, I have tried accessing these files from different computers, different browsers, different ISP's, and different locations. It really looks like the files are not there.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
That's weird. If it were a server issue you shouldn't even be able to see those files.
Just tested and all is well at my end also. It is likely a problem with your connection as Meep pointed out.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
It looks like you ISP has not updated the DNS records and you are being directed towards the old server not the new one...

Since the server is on Cloudflare I can't actually link to the IP of the new server...

The best advise I can give you is to change the DNS entries on that device as well as your router to Google instead of what your ISP is supplying... That or wait for your ISP to actually do their job and get their DNS entries up to date...

jwineka

Feb 20, 2017
I am having the same problem. My brother in Ohio shows the same thing Stoofer has (obviously a different ISP than me) and I have the same thing as Rthomasson. I have been banging my head against the wall since Sunday.

xbman

Developer
Feb 3, 2013
usa
Thanks everyone. I will change my DNS settings and/or just wait it out. thanks for the help!!
If anyone has isp dns issues...
I recommend Dns Jumper (search google for: dns jumper) by sordum.
It's free.. no install.. no bullplop.. just unzip and run.
You can change dns servers in like two clicks...
...as well as change it back to your default..
...without even reconnecting your network.
Download button is near the bottom of page.
I have this for backup, in case isp dns server lags or goes down.

This could help.. "maybe".. flush your dns cache.
Open command prompt.. and type in: ipconfig /flushdns
ie... Start>search: cmd
Right-click on cmd and select run as administrator.
Now type in: ipconfig /flushdns

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
If anyone has isp dns issues...
I recommend Dns Jumper (search google for: dns jumper) by sordum.
It's free.. no install.. no bullplop.. just unzip and run.

{{CLIP}}
That will help if you are running Kodi on a Windows machine, but it won't help Android box users or those that need to configure their routers...

Best bet is to change the router's DNS (if you can) then unless you specify otherwise in the device itself, every device on your network should start using the new DNS you plugged into the router...

Michail1

Feb 22, 2017
Really my second post only because I am tired of the forum telling everyone it's an ISP issue. (And this is a copy of my prior post since it's regarding the same issue others are having.)

This has been an issue for weeks now (nearly a month).

I, like others, have tried 3 different ISPs (Integra, Comcast, and Frontier). At work, we use google DNS (8.8.8.8) and still having the same issue.

How are the staff still blaming ISPs for the DNS ip propagation as the issue after all this time?

This is a cloudflare issue!

Server: tesrv.te.local
Address: 172.16.2.2
Non-authoritative answer:
Name: tvaddons.co
Addresses: 104.20.57.22

and...
> server 8.8.8.8
Default Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8
> tvaddons.co
Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8
Non-authoritative answer:
Name: tvaddons.co
Addresses: 104.20.58.22

Comcast and Google report the same (cloudflare) IP as the DNS. So, if I am getting the 'old' directory results, then cloudflare is reporting poorly cached results. (Not my firesticks, windows, or browser)

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Last edited:

Michail1

Feb 22, 2017
I've been trying to post for nearly an hour.
What a pain in the a$$ to have a new account which doesn't allow me to post a picture or link.

Going to the file directly works. Meaning directly to the indigo installed by typing out the full url (or clicking your link you provided).

What is seen via adding repo is:
//i.imgur.com/07vPrpA

Looking at the directory shows old contents. Can't SEE the zip (only old zips that don't exist).

Using a client computer that's never been to the site. cloudflare must be serving the old directory contents.

Last edited:

nighthawk040

Feb 26, 2017
fusion file not there

If you are also getting an error from the web browser, it could simply be a problem with the server. Not sure if updating our servers may be affecting the servers for Fusion. I would take a short break and try again tonight or tomorrow see if that works. There are no obvious reasons why it shouldn't work for you.
im having the same problem have tried changing the DNS and tried from another server still cant get fusion to load

Jmc916

Feb 27, 2017
I am also having the same exact problem with a Firestick. I've already tried all of the suggestions mention in this thread. Any more advice on getting this problem resolved?

Thanks!

dredlock

May 7, 2016
Everything was working great up until about an hour ago and now all my addons error and the show i was watching just quit streaming..everything was working great yesterday and today untill about an hour ago.

Jmc916

Feb 27, 2017
Just wanted to give an update...

I was finally able to get fusion to install when connecting the Firestick to the hotspot on my phone. After I did that, I no longer received the network error message.

One I added the fusion source, I switched back to my regular home wifi and was able to continue with the installation.