G-Box Q + Optimal Configuration

greenstone33

Jun 3, 2012
Hi guys,

Isn't it time to start a separate G-BOX Q discussion, since the box has been out-there for a year now.
I just purchased this box recently, (had ATV2 before, and another android box that served me well).

On G-box Q, installed Kodi 15.2, and I have to say, I am noticing a strange behavior when it comes to streaming of HD sources
(Ex. Genesis and HGTV). The audio starts, while the the screen is black. Sometimes it just gets stuck on the sources screen, while the show is playing with audio. Once I bring it to the full screen mode, it just shows the black screen.

No issue with HQ sources.

Did anyone have similar issues, and I wonder if there are any custom settings / optimization required for this box?
I am surprised to see that, since my other android box with much worse specs used to play HD with no problems.

Greatly appreciated it!

hurst2001

Dec 10, 2013
Hi guys,

Isn't it time to start a separate G-BOX Q discussion, since the box has been out-there for a year now.
I just purchased this box recently, (had ATV2 before, and another android box that served me well).

On G-box Q, installed Kodi 15.2, and I have to say, I am noticing a strange behavior when it comes to streaming of HD sources
(Ex. Genesis and HGTV). The audio starts, while the the screen is black. Sometimes it just gets stuck on the sources screen, while the show is playing with audio. Once I bring it to the full screen mode, it just shows the black screen.

No issue with HQ sources.

Did anyone have similar issues, and I wonder if there are any custom settings / optimization required for this box?
I am surprised to see that, since my other android box with much worse specs used to play HD with no problems.

Greatly appreciated it!
I have found by changing the buffering size it help with HD play back ...look up Solomon on you tube to setup great way to do it

greenstone33

Jun 3, 2012
Thanks guys... I noticed I had to disable all 3 acceleration settings in order to play HD show on Addons like HGTV and FoodNetwork for example. Not sure how this would affect my other HD content.
I am still to figure out what would be the optimal setting for those 3 acceleration features...