G Box Q2 output in 4k??

suddend

Jun 2, 2016
Hello, new here and generally to KODI. But very tech savvy and just setup a whole new home theatre.

I have everything working how I wish and I purchased a G Box Q2 android box with KODI and I cannot for the life of my figure out how or where I can change the settings so it outputs in 4K. I know KODI decodes anything 4K I throw at it, but I want it to output 4K to my beautiful new 4K TV. Any hints on where this might be hidden? Display settings on the box show only 1080p. But this is sold as a 4K android box and I know hardware wise it has HDMI 1.4a so should be able to do 4K at 30p

Thanks for any insight and help

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Kodi.tv forums are probably the best place to ask if you have your own 4k content, this site mainly deals with addons from here, of which none currently have much 4k content. I doubt the Kodi skins are even able to display at 4k which is probably why you see 1080p max. I would think the interface would just be upscaled even if there was an option.

Maybe this might help http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245158

Last edited:

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
use your tv remote INFO button and that should tell you what the output is.

I know using my shield on my Samsung uhdtv if I hit the info button it tells me 3840x 2160

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Android Boxes 0
A Video Addons 1
P Kodi Support 2