Gamecenter app on Ouya keeps crashing??????

rextoba

Apr 30, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
NHL Hockey has been tough to watch so far this season but a new Gamecenter android fix came out yesterday and I have it working on all my android stuff except the Ouya. Installs fine. Starts in phone view and as soon as it starts switching to tablet view the app crashes back to the ouya menu. I posted where to get the apk in the lounge and in the sports sections if anyone wants to try it and see if they can get it to work. Would love to have this fixed. Thanks. :confused:

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
NHL Hockey has been tough to watch so far this season but a new Gamecenter android fix came out yesterday and I have it working on all my android stuff except the Ouya. Installs fine. Starts in phone view and as soon as it starts switching to tablet view the app crashes back to the ouya menu. I posted where to get the apk in the lounge and in the sports sections if anyone wants to try it and see if they can get it to work. Would love to have this fixed. Thanks. :confused:

I am guessing that it requires location DATA. There are apps that need things as prerequisites...like Google I.D., location data, I would reinstall it on your phone...this time, when the permissions screen pops up you can take a look at what it needs.

If I'm right about needing Google ID and Location....there are things you can do.

nitewing15

Jun 19, 2012
Not yet, just what are these "things i should do", please pm me. Should i install Google Play store on my Ouya? just looking for some direction, thanx for any replies.

baci

May 13, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Not yet, just what are these "things i should do", please pm me. Should i install Google Play store on my Ouya? just looking for some direction, thanx for any replies.
In the same boat as you..waiting for someone to get this working.........PLEASE..........Thank you.........

nathancs

Aug 24, 2014
It's working fine on my Ouya. It worked from the start so not sure what to say...
- my Ouya is routed
- location services are on
- I have google play store installed (although it doesn't work). In doing so I have a google account associated with my Ouya.
- I used some other hack that came with the root to assign a specific video quality output that was supposed to make playback more stable

Hopefully that helps you guys out. Maybe piece wise try those? Good luck...sorry I don't have an easy how to.

nitewing15

Jun 19, 2012
It's working fine on my Ouya. It worked from the start so not sure what to say...
- my Ouya is routed
- location services are on
- I have google play store installed (although it doesn't work). In doing so I have a google account associated with my Ouya.
- I used some other hack that came with the root to assign a specific video quality output that was supposed to make playback more stable

Hopefully that helps you guys out. Maybe piece wise try those? Good luck...sorry I don't have an easy how to.
What was this other hack that came with the root? If you cools post the root program or how-to along with the other hack that would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

strike0408

Nov 29, 2012
Canada
i'v had it working on ouya for awhile now... I just sideload the apk though my dropbox. works good. you can set quality up tp 1600kbps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Kodi Support 8
R Video Addons 2
S Amazon Fire TV 0