[german] sound interruption with DolbyDigital 5.1 and Passthrough...

trustwbc

Oct 7, 2016
Hi,

ich habe exakt diese Box:
https://www.amazon.de/Bqeel-Quad-Core-vorinstalliert-Bluetooth-Streaming/dp/B01FZ9AL2W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475864000&sr=8-1&keywords=qbox

Darauf vorinstalliert: Kodi 16.1 tvaddons.co

Angeschlossen via HDMI zum TV und Toslink (SPDIF) zum Receiver Denon AVR 3801 (der hat noch kein HDMI).

Es läuft auch alles bestens, aber eine Kleinigkeit nervt mich:

Damit Dolby Digital 5.1 funktioniert, muss ich Passthrough aktivieren. Jedoch habe ich dann alle 2Minuten einen ganz kurzen Tonaussetzer von vielleicht 0,5Sekunden bei sämtlichen Videos.
Nicht lange, aber dafür sehr regelmäßig.
Egal, was ich einstelle, es ändert sich nicht.
Aber halt NUR bei 5.1 ton. Bei Stereo, oder Dolby Pro Logic sind die Probleme nicht da.

Ich dachte zunächst an einen Hardwarefehler, ABER wenn ich den Android Media Player statt Kodi nutze, dann habe ich diese Aussetzer eben nicht.
Daher muss der Fehler ja bei KODI liegen.

Hat irgendjemand noch eine Idee ??

In Englisch:
Hi,

i have exact this Box: https://www.amazon.de/Bqeel-Quad-Core-vorinstalliert-Bluetooth-Streaming/dp/B01FZ9AL2W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475864000&sr=8-1&keywords=qbox

Connection:
HDMI -> TV
SPDIF (Toslink) -> AV-Receiver (Denon AVR-3801)

To hear DolbyDigital 5.1 i must activete Passthrough in the Kodi Settings.

My Problem:
I habe Sound Interruptions every 2Minutes for 0,5Seconds by every Video. Only the Sound has the Problem, not the Picture.

Its not a Hardwareproblem... when i open a video with the Android MediaPlayer the Sound works fine, absolutely without Problems.

Any Ideas ??

Thanks a lot and Sorry for my bad Englisch ;-)

-Trust-

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Hi

Your English is much much better than my German so I apologise for not being able to write this in your native language.

Has your TV got digital audio out?

If so could you try the following? Disconnect the SPDIF from the box. Connect the digital audio out of the TV to the Denon. Change the Device in the 'Digital Sounds' Android Settings to HDMI.

Kodi has a problem with some S905 boxes that cause audio dropouts on both AC3 and DTS audio when using the SPDIF. These go away if you can use the HDMI audio instead and route it through the Denon.

Please let us know if this works for you (or even if it doesn't) as it may help others with a similar problem in the future.

Thanks.

trustwbc

Oct 7, 2016
Hi,

thx for the answer.
Yes, i have a Digital-Audio-Out on my TV.
But when i connect SPDIF from TV to AV-Reveiver (Denon) there is no AC3 Sound, only Dolby ProLogic.

I made a KODI Update, but the Problem is the same.

On my Box is a verry simple "VideoPlayer 1.0" installed. When i start This App (not KODI) AC3 Sound works absolutely fine, without Interruptions.
The S905 Hardware is also not the Problem.
It must be a Driver-Problem (??) in KODI.

As i say, AC3 works in KODI, but every Minute there is an interrupt for 0,5Seconds.

Any Ideas...?

THX

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Your problem is probably tied to a file - /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_codec - this seems to be causing a lot of dropout problems with Kodi on S905 boxes. The solution apparently is to make sure the value in there is set to 2 BUT as this file gets created fresh every time Android loads then fixing it can be an involved process.

The alternative is to try SPMC which has much better control of Digital Audio. I would suggest starting by switching the Audio Output Control to 'Android, RAW Processing' with Output Config 'Best Match'. This is the setup I am currently using to get around an every-7-second dropout problem I had with my box. This is now working perfectly with both AC3 and DTS output but I am running it out through HDMI so you might have to experiment a bit to get it to work properly (I was still getting dropouts when connected via the box SPDIF).

There is a theory that the short 5-7 second dropouts are somehow linked to HDCP functions, don't know if I believe that or even if it has any bearing on your 1 minute dropout.

Hope this helps.

trustwbc

Oct 7, 2016
Hi,

i tryed SPMC. It has much more Audio-Options, than Kodi.
But the same Problems as Kodi with die Videos and the Sound-Interruptions.

Now, i installed the MX-Player from the PlayStore and configured the Kodi playercorefactory.xml so, that MX-Player is the Alternative / Standardplayer for Kodi.
That works fine and without any Problems.

PROBLEM SOLVED !! ;-)

Thx

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Hi,
Now, i installed the MX-Player from the PlayStore and configured the Kodi playercorefactory.xml so, that MX-Player is the Alternative / Standardplayer for Kodi.
That works fine and without any Problems.

PROBLEM SOLVED !! ;-)
That's a good idea, I'll give that a try myself and see if that fixes my SPDIF outrput as well :)

Glad it's all working for you now.