getting booted out of xbmc alot on my fire tv

oakrad

Sep 6, 2013
really getting booted out of xbmc a lot , before didn't happen to often , find now I can just be going through N*vi X ,not even watching anything ,get booted out ,have to force stop , start xbmc again , any fix for this , or anything I can do to not make it it happen so much, get Failed to start commoncache everytime.

tomh2o

Sep 30, 2012
I have the same problem with 13.2 with live streams.
I loaded TVMC and it plays great

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
I have same issue. Tried turning off hardware acceleration and tried zero cache..... sucks because I got pseudotv live running really well and now it crashes all the time. ...I feel like it had to be a cache thing because it happens when a bunch of videos have been loaded through genesis or I change channels in pseudotv.

tomh2o

Sep 30, 2012
this is happening on 4 aftv s now. nothing seems to work great anymore.
I have to set these units up for christmas and I have not had any luck solving this
its xbmc and tvmc now

oakrad

Sep 6, 2013
I put on tvmc on my fire tv , before I had chance to watch anything got booted out , I just uninstalled it , stay with xbmc I guess ,even though I get booted out like crazy on it

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
If going by your other thread you have these problems,then its happening because you are running out of space

Did you uninstall xbmc before you installed tvmc? Did you make sure to delete all cache and data and clean everything out properly?

Also people using zero cache,as we have said time and time again,this will make things worse as it will buffer endlessly to your hard drive,again causing crashing and booting you out

Also if you have an error saying failed to start commoncache,then you have have a problem with your setup so something is wrong somewhere

Try find out whats eating your space and get rid of it,likewise try to sort the failed to start commoncache error

Hopefully this will help you get sorted :)

Last edited:

crawl

May 7, 2012
Kansas City, MO
If going by your other thread you have these problems,then its happening because you are running out of space

Did you uninstall xbmc before you installed tvmc? Did you make sure to delete all cache and data and clean everything out properly?

Also people using zero cache,as we have said time and time again,this will make things worse as it will buffer endlessly to your hard drive,again causing crashing and booting you out

Also if you have an error saying failed to start commoncache,then you have have a problem with your setup so something is wrong somewhere

Try find out whats eating your space and get rid of it,likewise try to sort the failed to start commoncache error

Hopefully this will help you get sorted :)
Seriously. This is good advice.

The zero cache advancedsettings file has gotten the very undeserved reputation of fixing any and all XBMC issues. But it does not help with the majority of the issues that people try and use it for. The zero cache file is not a magic fix for buffering. It doesn't make XBMC buffer any faster. It only allows XBMC to buffer further ahead in time than the default setting, it does not affect the rate of buffering. If you're experiencing buffering, it's due to your own network setup or the network speed of the hoster you're streaming from. Understand that internet bandwidth is a two-way street. You can have a 10MB connection on your network, but you'll still be limited to the network response speed of the host you're streaming from. The zero cache advancedsettings file will not help with that situation at all. And as mj said above, when you implement that zero cache setting, you're significantly reducing the amount of HD space on the device. Because when you use the zero cache setting, XBMC no longer uses the device RAM for caching at all, and uses only HD space and ignores RAM. On low storage devices, using that zero cache setting can make storage management much worse, because every time you stream a video, you're using HD space to do so and it will cache the entire video to the hard drive while you're watching. So if you have a really fast internet connection and use the zero cache setting, you can run out of hard drive space watching a single video. And you can still experience buffering, because buffering is usually caused by the response from the hoster you're streaming from.

If you're having issues with commoncache, then try and figure out why. Look at your log file. Upload your log file to http://xbmclogs.com/ and post the link here for others to look at if you don't know what to look for. Load the tvaddons.co Maintenance utility. Use that to see what modules are currently installed. You can install commoncache from there if it needs installed.

Last edited:

oakrad

Sep 6, 2013
no I didn't uninstall xbmc before I put on tvmc , thought u could put all them on if u wanted to by reading some of the other post ,I clear cache a lot on my xbmc , can I clear data there also ? never did ,when I get booted it says failed to start commoncache every time , before only happened a bit , now its a lot ,I be happy with whatever works best on the fire tv without getting booted out , in file explorer I ran sd card analyst and its showing acestream and then android as using the most ,can I clean them up someway ?ill try to post logs file , nev er did it before , but that is my problem when I get booted out everytime says failed to start commoncache

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
no I didn't uninstall xbmc before I put on tvmc , thought u could put all them on if u wanted to by reading some of the other post ,I clear cache a lot on my xbmc , can I clear data there also ? never did ,when I get booted it says failed to start commoncache every time , before only happened a bit , now its a lot ,I be happy with whatever works best on the fire tv without getting booted out , in file explorer I ran sd card analyst and its showing acestream and then android as using the most ,can I clean them up someway ?ill try to post logs file , nev er did it before , but that is my problem when I get booted out everytime says failed to start commoncache

You can run them side by side,but if you were getting messages like you said in your other thread about running out of space when you just had xbmc installed,installing tvmc and all of its addons will surely only make things worse as it will take up even more space

But if you are getting that error,definately sounds like a problem regardless of anything else

oakrad

Sep 6, 2013

oakrad

Sep 6, 2013
can I just do fresh start with xbmc again , will that solve the problem ,will my fire tv stay rooted