Graphics round-up time.

Hi all you graphic folks. For those of you artists that don't know me well enough, I usually act like a secret agent, keeping things under my
...that or I simply blow like the
and get too impatient to push stuff out so I can move onto the next cool idea already in my head.

Anyways, I've currently got my mind on some more playful little quick and easy 1-player games and am looking for some help coming up with some really good graphics. Most will need to be somewhat transparent and almost all in good quality. Please use url links to the images so not to spam the thread too much, as there's likely to be MANY. Can use some kind of a icon.png (512x512) and in some cases a backdrop image for within the addon/game (1920x1080 or something simular, but not much larger or smaller and somewhat simular ratio so that it all fits on the screen and doesn't show weird or distort.) My stuff generally uses custom skins that use a 720p a.k.a. 1280x720 setup, though its good to have a bit over quality rather than too far under quality.
[HR][/HR]
First up is a variation of Rock Paper Scissors, that I call Earth Water Fire... where Earth absorbs water, water puts out fire and fire burns earth... in this case I'm probably going to use a plant, most likely a flower or tree for earth, rain, or a garden thing pouring / spraying water, and some kind of good quality flames. Of, course it would be nice to have a graphic of stuff like the tree burning, a tree blossoming (even better if i can have a cherry blossom tree), and water being sparyed on a fire that's partly changing to steam... no animated gifs please.
[HR][/HR]
Next up is a couple hunting games. where you play as a Duck, and one where you play as a Rabbit. For both of these I'll want some funny ending graphics. Many cases this will be Hunting signs with different words such as "Rabbit Season", "Wabbit Season", "Duck Season", "Pheasant Season", "Dove Season", "Bird Season", "Deer Season", "Fox Season", "Bear Season", "Beware of BEARS", "Beware of WILD ANIMALS" (maybe a death scene for the duck/rabbit with a tiger,lion,bear,wolf,so-on). Even a paradise-of-females ending for both duck and rabbit. And ending where the duck dies from a hit on the head with a coca-nut, and the rabbit gets caught in a hunter's trap... another one where he gets shut by a hunter (both duck and rabbit). An ending where they find a girlfriend bunny/duck. One where they find a skunk... bear... porcupine, end up on a BBQ Grill, BBQ skewer with cannibals. One where the duck find's it's flock again. Feel free to come up with some additional stuff.

Duck
The duck is flying with it's flock for the changing season. A storm has hit, and he's been lost from the rest of the flock. A head of him, is 3 Islands. He's tired and needs to land. The player will have to choose an Island. I'll need a nice ocean-water texture as a backdrop and a picture of a somewhat common island (with no people or funny stuff showing) to use for the 3 buttons, with on-focus version of the island that makes it look slightly different. I don't care if its highlighting, an arrow or what, maybe even a fish or dolphin.

Rabbit
Something similar to the duck game. Maybe trees, caves, or forests instead of islands, and something appropriate for a background.

[HR][/HR]
Next up is a game of 3 Shells. You pick a shell and turn it over to find the pea or something. I'll need 3 good looking shells turned down, if possible also turned upside down or slightly tilted up, and of course a pea or coin or something for under it to find. Pea or whatever can be in same or separate image as the up turn shelf... one without the pea/whatever too for the incorrect choices.

[HR][/HR]
Pretty much the same, I'd like to do one where a boy and girl goes up the bean stock after Jack and tries to find the Goose that lays the golden eggs. Bad thing is that the giant also has a bunch of Gooses that lay regular eggs. So they have to choose and hope its the right one. Right now they are sitting on their nests.

I'll need an image of a white Goose sitting on a nest with no eggs showing through. Then a picture of the same nest with eggs (all the same color): white, brown, gold, green, rocks, baby birds hatching, Humpty Dumpty (with telling me how to spell that name) surprising the kids with some kind of nice cartoon like sizable graphic and H.D. saying something dump to the kids. Another funny cartoon scene where a boy named Jack runs by and grabs the Goose, one where there's golden eggs (he laughs as he runs away with the right one, you loose)... and one where there's each other color of eggs where the kids get to laugh at him for choosing the wrong one (you still loose but get to laugh). A scene where the giant shows up and catches you stealing a Goose!
[HR][/HR]
Another Rock Paper Scissors game using a Elaphant, Mouse and Cat! Some funny outcome ending graphics please.
[HR][/HR]
Bomb Squad game where you got a bomb graphic with 3 wires, each a different color and are told to cut one, but the wires are all the same color... will need a focus-graphic of the wire as a different color, though. then ending graphic where they are safe, where it blows up.
[HR][/HR]
The Old-Man's car radio game, your stuck borrowing your dad's old clunker of a car (or truck) and it's station nob is busted off and missing. Thankfully it does have buttons for preset stations. The question is WHAT IN THE ALMIGHTY WILL YOU END UP LISTENING TO! I leave the ideas for graphics for that and outcome images... maybe even sounds/music to you.
[HR][/HR]
Bike Riding You wake up to find: a note saying "I left you our sister's pink bike. Love, your brother" (as a joke), a pink bike (your sister's, which is younger and much smaller), an grocery bag with a bottle of something yellowish and a can of sardines, and last of all a skunk standing next to your bare feet! What shall you decide to do... run without anything, grab something (list of choices), catch the skunk (payback is hell... many possible joke outcomes for both you and your brother, and the sister being pissed at you), snatch just the bike and go! Finding your way to where there's 3 paths you can take but neither are very visible atm.... stuff for all sorts of paths, including rain and muddy road... getting stuck, pot-holes, steep road, ran-over, fall off cliff, arrested for driving to slow, anything else... and dif ones if he gets home alive.
[HR][/HR]

OK THERE's my ideas for now... some of the games may get made, some might get dropped.. Lots of it depends on graphics, comments and my health.

[HR][/HR]
More Ideas!

I could use some .png's (with .psd's) for playing cards. Good quality/looking playing cards. Some nice looking custom backs related to XBMCHUB, HUB-HUG Movement Series, Highway, 99, or our addons. Face-side graphics for each card in each suit with .psd's of them that can have a nice template for the face-side cards with some possible ideas for graphics / textures or such relating to XBMCHUB, it's devs / staff members, and our addons. Can't say what all projects this would be used on, but it would come in VERY handy on at least one project, maybe more. Would also be something more devs could eventually make use of.

Last edited:
Haven't really seen any chit-chat going on, so I did what I could to toss together stuff for the 3-Shells game and released it along with a Pocket Watch Hunt game.

I'm also looking for a really good zodiac website that can show the year-animal, element ( fire,metal,... ) like in year chart, if possible with the month-animal and time-animal... most surely with the yang / yin thing... but with a somewhat decent looking set of graphics. Something that would be interesting to see in an addon.

I also wouldn't mind finding a decent taro card daily free-website thing. Some decent Crystal ball... with yes/no/maybe might be cool too.

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
dude between work and my kid i cant devote the time needed for these projects.
i've had a few ideas and if i get a chance i'll knock something up for some of them or at least pitch in :)
theres a lot there and i'm still trying to digest it to see what i can and cant do.
dont be thinking the gfx crew are leaving you out in the cold mate, you know what arty types are usually like (a bit odd and scatter brained at best lol)

Some more possible ideas:
[HR][/HR]
Small jig-saw puzzles. Images broken up into jigsaw peices. I haven't fully worked out things for this yet but i think it should be possible.
[HR][/HR]
Small crossword puzzles with words related in some way to xbmchub, xbmc, addons, addon devs, xbmchub mods, addon artists, and so on. Making sure to keep the overall with and height for the grid the same and not making it too overly large.

I was thinking I could set up a grid of edit boxes disabling the ones where empty space(s) are. There would need to be a in-text model of the grid(s) + Down and Accross lists to describe the words. Also grid graphics, backdrop maybe.

I'm also now thinking I could also setup a grid of buttons for the kind where you circle words. Of course, providing a list of words to be found. Button graphics for behind the text... one for normal and one for marking something circled... like circle and no-circle or blue and red or such. Would probably need a in-text grid of the words with spacing, as well as one with misc letters in place, and then a list of the words.

Either type, I'm thinking about having multiple txt files, each one with a different set. like space grid then 2 line returns, filled in grid, 2 more line returns, then word list.
[HR][/HR]
For crossword puzzles like word-find, it looks like about 30 (number of letters accross) by 20 (number of letters down).

Last edited:

Marquerite

May 30, 2013
The Netherlands
Thanks Azad and Jokster! I am a bit swamped atm, will try to pitch in where I can though.
Perhaps we could have a "team meeting" so we don't overlap?
Seems we all are having real life intervering with our XBMCHub quality time :( booo

raspberry.pi

Jun 11, 2013
Its been a while and I've been sad to be gone but my senior year just got so busy but now I'm done and graduated I look to help out here some more! If still needed!

raspberry.pi

Jun 11, 2013
Hi all you graphic folks. For those of you artists that don't know me well enough, I usually act like a secret agent, keeping things under my
...that or I simply blow like the
and get too impatient to push stuff out so I can move onto the next cool idea already in my head.

Anyways, I've currently got my mind on some more playful little quick and easy 1-player games and am looking for some help coming up with some really good graphics. Most will need to be somewhat transparent and almost all in good quality. Please use url links to the images so not to spam the thread too much, as there's likely to be MANY. Can use some kind of a icon.png (512x512) and in some cases a backdrop image for within the addon/game (1920x1080 or something simular, but not much larger or smaller and somewhat simular ratio so that it all fits on the screen and doesn't show weird or distort.) My stuff generally uses custom skins that use a 720p a.k.a. 1280x720 setup, though its good to have a bit over quality rather than too far under quality.
[HR][/HR]
First up is a variation of Rock Paper Scissors, that I call Earth Water Fire... where Earth absorbs water, water puts out fire and fire burns earth... in this case I'm probably going to use a plant, most likely a flower or tree for earth, rain, or a garden thing pouring / spraying water, and some kind of good quality flames. Of, course it would be nice to have a graphic of stuff like the tree burning, a tree blossoming (even better if i can have a cherry blossom tree), and water being sparyed on a fire that's partly changing to steam... no animated gifs please.
[HR][/HR]
Next up is a couple hunting games. where you play as a Duck, and one where you play as a Rabbit. For both of these I'll want some funny ending graphics. Many cases this will be Hunting signs with different words such as "Rabbit Season", "Wabbit Season", "Duck Season", "Pheasant Season", "Dove Season", "Bird Season", "Deer Season", "Fox Season", "Bear Season", "Beware of BEARS", "Beware of WILD ANIMALS" (maybe a death scene for the duck/rabbit with a tiger,lion,bear,wolf,so-on). Even a paradise-of-females ending for both duck and rabbit. And ending where the duck dies from a hit on the head with a coca-nut, and the rabbit gets caught in a hunter's trap... another one where he gets shut by a hunter (both duck and rabbit). An ending where they find a girlfriend bunny/duck. One where they find a skunk... bear... porcupine, end up on a BBQ Grill, BBQ skewer with cannibals. One where the duck find's it's flock again. Feel free to come up with some additional stuff.

Duck
The duck is flying with it's flock for the changing season. A storm has hit, and he's been lost from the rest of the flock. A head of him, is 3 Islands. He's tired and needs to land. The player will have to choose an Island. I'll need a nice ocean-water texture as a backdrop and a picture of a somewhat common island (with no people or funny stuff showing) to use for the 3 buttons, with on-focus version of the island that makes it look slightly different. I don't care if its highlighting, an arrow or what, maybe even a fish or dolphin.

Rabbit
Something similar to the duck game. Maybe trees, caves, or forests instead of islands, and something appropriate for a background.

[HR][/HR]
Next up is a game of 3 Shells. You pick a shell and turn it over to find the pea or something. I'll need 3 good looking shells turned down, if possible also turned upside down or slightly tilted up, and of course a pea or coin or something for under it to find. Pea or whatever can be in same or separate image as the up turn shelf... one without the pea/whatever too for the incorrect choices.

[HR][/HR]
Pretty much the same, I'd like to do one where a boy and girl goes up the bean stock after Jack and tries to find the Goose that lays the golden eggs. Bad thing is that the giant also has a bunch of Gooses that lay regular eggs. So they have to choose and hope its the right one. Right now they are sitting on their nests.

I'll need an image of a white Goose sitting on a nest with no eggs showing through. Then a picture of the same nest with eggs (all the same color): white, brown, gold, green, rocks, baby birds hatching, Humpty Dumpty (with telling me how to spell that name) surprising the kids with some kind of nice cartoon like sizable graphic and H.D. saying something dump to the kids. Another funny cartoon scene where a boy named Jack runs by and grabs the Goose, one where there's golden eggs (he laughs as he runs away with the right one, you loose)... and one where there's each other color of eggs where the kids get to laugh at him for choosing the wrong one (you still loose but get to laugh). A scene where the giant shows up and catches you stealing a Goose!
[HR][/HR]
Another Rock Paper Scissors game using a Elaphant, Mouse and Cat! Some funny outcome ending graphics please.
[HR][/HR]
Bomb Squad game where you got a bomb graphic with 3 wires, each a different color and are told to cut one, but the wires are all the same color... will need a focus-graphic of the wire as a different color, though. then ending graphic where they are safe, where it blows up.
[HR][/HR]
The Old-Man's car radio game, your stuck borrowing your dad's old clunker of a car (or truck) and it's station nob is busted off and missing. Thankfully it does have buttons for preset stations. The question is WHAT IN THE ALMIGHTY WILL YOU END UP LISTENING TO! I leave the ideas for graphics for that and outcome images... maybe even sounds/music to you.
[HR][/HR]
Bike Riding You wake up to find: a note saying "I left you our sister's pink bike. Love, your brother" (as a joke), a pink bike (your sister's, which is younger and much smaller), an grocery bag with a bottle of something yellowish and a can of sardines, and last of all a skunk standing next to your bare feet! What shall you decide to do... run without anything, grab something (list of choices), catch the skunk (payback is hell... many possible joke outcomes for both you and your brother, and the sister being pissed at you), snatch just the bike and go! Finding your way to where there's 3 paths you can take but neither are very visible atm.... stuff for all sorts of paths, including rain and muddy road... getting stuck, pot-holes, steep road, ran-over, fall off cliff, arrested for driving to slow, anything else... and dif ones if he gets home alive.
[HR][/HR]

OK THERE's my ideas for now... some of the games may get made, some might get dropped.. Lots of it depends on graphics, comments and my health.

[HR][/HR]
More Ideas!

I could use some .png's (with .psd's) for playing cards. Good quality/looking playing cards. Some nice looking custom backs related to XBMCHUB, HUB-HUG Movement Series, Highway, 99, or our addons. Face-side graphics for each card in each suit with .psd's of them that can have a nice template for the face-side cards with some possible ideas for graphics / textures or such relating to XBMCHUB, it's devs / staff members, and our addons. Can't say what all projects this would be used on, but it would come in VERY handy on at least one project, maybe more. Would also be something more devs could eventually make use of.
I'm really confused on what your looking for other than the custom backs so i made a little background. It's probably a little rusty as i haven't used photsohop since last semester!

Will save that one for later use. I was basically just looking for addon icons and then graphics for some little python games I had ideas for making some more of. You can kind of get an idea of what I've been up to as far as these by looking at the games among the hub-hug series I released, such as rock paper scissors and 3 shells. Marq. made a few images for the duck game, but been busy as have I lately, so it hasn't gotten made/released yet.

Any graphic people got some free time. Looking to catch some graphics for a some of my new projects. Looking to lighting the backlog of them that I got. Got Marq. working on some of them, but could still use some for some of my other projects.

* Could use an icon.png 512x512 (and maybe fanart.jpg 1280x720 or higher with silimar ratio) for an program addon called "Run" (a run program / execute program type addon).

* Could use an icon.png for "HUB-HUG Exit The Maze". Uses the hub-hug fanart, so no fanart needed. This is a pretty simple, somewhat text-style maze type game where you try to exit a maze. I got a temporary possible image for a splash screen image shown when you win the game on reaching the exit. I could possibly use a different option for this or maybe more than one so I can randomize what splash image is used. Around 400x400 or for this, ratio doesn't matter so much, but preferably not full-screen size. I could also use some more text-files made up for mazes. It uses # for walls and should always have a # around the entire thing. S for the start location, E for the Exit location, and spaces for the path. This is a great chance for some of you long time users that visit a lot to have an easier part in the inner workings of an addon. It's a lot easier than making word-find puzzles too! Example:
Code:
###############################
#     #                       #
# ### # ##################### #
# # # # #           #       # #
# # # # # ######### # ##### # #
# # #   # #       # # #   # # #
# # ##### # ##### # # # # # # #
# #     # # #   # # # # # # # #
# ##### # # # # # # # # # # # #
#     # # # # # # # # #     # #
##### # # # # S## # # ### ### #
#   # # # # # # # # #         #
# # # # # # # # # # # #########
# #   # # # # # # # # #       #
# # # # # ### # # # # # ##### #
# # # # #       # #   #       #
# # # # ######### ########### #
# # # #           #           #
# #   # ########### ######### #
# # # #             #         #
# # # ############# # ##### # #
#                   #       # #
#############################E#
###############################
Note that mazes can be a LOT wider than this example, but preferably not any more lines down, as it can only hold about 1 or 2 more lines than in the example. Width wise it can hold about 2 and 1/2 times as much as in the example.

* Could use an icon.png for "HUB-HUG Word Find Puzzles". No fanart or in-game background image needed, as it uses the HUB-HUG fanart. Could STILL use some more puzzles for this, but only found 1 person that handed any in yet!! ... so, I've gotten tired of waiting around.

Last edited:
Code:
#####################################################################################
#####################################################################################
an available spacing example and good trick to work off of when starting a puzzle.