Harmony remote with Android

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
I'm about to invest in a new TV and some kind of Pivos/Sumvision Xbmc box

I really don't fancy the look of the sense remote or fly mouse solutions and also hate having remotes everywhere. Any idea if a Logitech Harmony would be able to work?

I don't need anything fancy, just to be able to get into XBMC and control it. The functionality of Apple TV remote is as much as I'd need.

Any ideas?

xenthal

Oct 17, 2012
If your device comes with a IR remote the harmony will work as you can manually program the buttons and read the IR codes from your original remote.
Im using my harmony 200 with my G-Box Midnight and it works flawlessly.

chobo2

Dec 21, 2012
If your device comes with a IR remote the harmony will work as you can manually program the buttons and read the IR codes from your original remote.
Im using my harmony 200 with my G-Box Midnight and it works flawlessly.
Any tools on how to do this. I have the harmony 300 and it works with the linux version of pivos but not with the android version.

gsh

Sep 9, 2012
There is a profile for the Pivos XIOS on the harmony setup website. I used that and it works fine :)

chobo2

Dec 21, 2012
There is a profile for the Pivos XIOS on the harmony setup website. I used that and it works fine :)
Are you using the Linux version or Android. I went to logitechs site and went into their software and found they had the pivos system and it works fine on the linux version but does not work on android.

For instance when I hit "info" on my remote while playing a movie it would bring up controls(play,pause,stop) and a estimated end time.

Now if I hit info it brings up dialog with a clock on it that must be coming from android and play,pause and stop don't work or do something else(for instance stop button goes back).