Has anyone got real debrid working successfully on raspbmc ?

Jimmymcmahon2012

May 12, 2012
Has anyone got real debrid working successfully on raspbmc ?

Literally losing the will to live now. 3 days I have been trying to get my raspberry pi to play real debrid links within add ons to no avail. I keep getting the default message back saying "Upgrade your account now to generate links"

1) I have a premium account
2) the credentials are correct
3) If i try to play the same film from the same add on with my laptop setup, it plays fine.
4) I have reset my password umpteen times to try and rule out an authentication issue.
The issue seems to be localised to all those addons that look at the main url resolver settings for real debrid credentials. I say this as Ice films logs into real debrid fine when launching the add on - I enter my real debrid crednentials into the Ic*f*lms addon itself. When I launch Ic*f*lms it pops up saying "real debrid account login successful"
5) I have compared the settings.xml within the userdata --> Urlresolver folder on both my laptop and pi and can see they are identical ( I can see the same username and password set in RD for both).

Below is an example of the difference in the log when trying to play the same film from the same add on on both my laptop (working) and pi (not working)

Laptop
Addon :- Rele**BB (select BB movies--> movies --> at the bottom of the first page of results there is an entry for Spider 2013 BDRip XviD-VETO ---> Select that ---> choose the netload link on the list of results returned)

Video loads and plays fine - Log extract below

Code:
18:43:16 T:3388  NOTICE: <?xml version="1.0"?>
                                            <account>
                                              <username>Jimmymcmahon</username>
                                              <email>[email protected]</email>
                                              <points>1600</points>
                                              <type>premium</type>
                                              <expiration>1366676935</expiration>
                                              <expiration-txt>23/04/2013 02:28:55</expiration-txt>
                                              <limits>
                                                <available_bitshare.com>3</available_bitshare.com>
                                                <available_cloudzer.net>8</available_cloudzer.net>
                                                <available_filesmonster.com>1</available_filesmonster.com>
                                                <available_freakshare.net>3</available_freakshare.net>
                                                <available_letitbit.net>3.9999</available_letitbit.net>
                                                <available_shareflare.net>4</available_shareflare.net>
                                                <available_vip-file.com>4</available_vip-file.com>
                                              </limits>
                                            </account>
18:43:16 T:3388  NOTICE: checkLogin returning False
18:43:16 T:3388  NOTICE: in get_media_url www.real-debrid.com : http://netload.in/dateirtIBtdOgPr/veto-spiders-xvid.avi.htm
18:43:16 T:3388  NOTICE: ************* <span id="generation-ok"><a href="http://s27.real-debrid.com/dl/84i4w274u2v21303642602/veto-spiders-xvid.avi">DOWNLOAD: veto-spiders-xvid.avi</a><a href="http://real-debrid.com/streaming-84i4w274u2v21303642602">VIEW: veto-spiders-xvid.avi</a></span>
18:43:16 T:3388  NOTICE: link is http://s27.real-debrid.com/dl/84i4w274u2v21303642602/veto-spiders-xvid.avi
18:43:19 T:4300  NOTICE: Thread CGUIDialogCache start, auto delete: true
18:43:19 T:4872  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: http://s27.real-debrid.com/dl/84i4w274u2v21303642602/veto-spiders-xvid.avi
18:43:19 T:4872 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
18:43:19 T:1592  NOTICE: Thread CDVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
18:43:19 T:1592  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
18:43:19 T:1592  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
18:43:19 T:4984  NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
18:43:22 T:1592  NOTICE: Opening video stream: 0 source: 256
18:43:22 T:1592  NOTICE: Creating video codec with codec id: 13

REPEAT EXACTLY THE SAME STEPS ABOVE ON THE RASP PI with the same credentials entered and I get the "Upgrade your account to generate links" error

Code:
19:23:22 T:2711086144  NOTICE: domain is rlsbb.com
19:23:24 T:2711086144  NOTICE: Need to login since session is invalid
19:23:24 T:2711086144  NOTICE: in get_media_url www.real-debrid.com : http://netload.in/dateirtIBtdOgPr/veto-spiders-xvid.avi.htm
19:23:26 T:2711086144  NOTICE: ************* <span id="generation-error">Upgrade your account now to generate a link</span>
19:23:30 T:2711086144   ERROR: Leaving Python method 'XBMCAddon_xbmc_Player_play'. Exception from call to 'play' 'Non api type passed to "play" in place of the expected type "p.XBMCAddon::xbmc::PlayList."' ... returning NULL
19:23:30 T:2711086144   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Non api type passed to "play" in place of the expected type "p.XBMCAddon::xbmc::PlayList."
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.Rele**BB/default.py", line 243, in <module>
                                                GetLinks(section, url)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.Rele**BB/default.py", line 151, in GetLinks
                                                xbmc.Player().play(stream_url)
                                            RuntimeError: Non api type passed to "play" in place of the expected type "p.XBMCAddon::xbmc::PlayList."
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Full log from pi here :-
http://hastebin.com/konabokuba.md

I am happy to share my credentials with someone else on a pi to see if they can get this working as its literally driving me crazy haha

Any help would be much more appreciated than ever.

A disgruntled pi user ;):eek:

nothere

Banned
Nov 25, 2012
OK. Ssh into your pi. Go to addons (not userdata) folder and delete the whole URL resolver folder. Copy the URL resolver folder from laptop to pi. Do the same with the URL resolver folder in userdata.
See what happens.

Last edited:

Alan

Feb 2, 2013
Are you entering your credentials with an ios app by any chance?

If so try a keyboard as i couldnt get easynews to work untill i used a keyboard to input username and password, something was going wrong when hsing the app

Jimmymcmahon2012

May 12, 2012
OK. Ssh into your pi. Go to addons (not userdata) folder and delete the whole URL resolver folder. Copy the URL resolver folder from laptop to pi. Do the same with the URL resolver folder in userdata.
See what happens.
Hi mate, stangely I dont see a script.urlresolver folder on the following path on my laptop :S

C:\Users\jimmy_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

I only have one on this path

C:\Users\jimmy_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data

Jimmymcmahon2012

May 12, 2012
Are you entering your credentials with an ios app by any chance?

If so try a keyboard as i couldnt get easynews to work untill i used a keyboard to input username and password, something was going wrong when hsing the app
Hi mate
I was using an ios app, but I have just been to asda to get a plug in keyboard and have just entered the same credentials on a fresh pi install and still get the same behaviour. Completely baffled. Does the urlresolver do something different on the pi than the one on the laptop?

do you guys have your pis working with real debrid atm ?

Jimmymcmahon2012

May 12, 2012
Hi mate, stangely I dont see a script.urlresolver folder on the following path on my laptop :S

C:\Users\jimmy_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

I only have one on this path

C:\Users\jimmy_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data
ive just realised im being a numpty..
I assume i should be looking on this path for these folders
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons ??

Jimmymcmahon2012

May 12, 2012
See what happens.

mate, I owe you 100000 pints!

Copied

C:\Users\jimmy_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.module.urlresolver
to
/home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.module.urlresolver

and then copied

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.module.urlresolver
to
/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.module.urlresolver

and it now works !!!

I have absolutely no idea what the difference is from that that gets downloaded by default, but it just works now !

does url resolver come in different flavours or something? i.e a separate version for pi and a separate version for laptops?

nothere

Banned
Nov 25, 2012
Glad it sorted mate it could only be the URL resolver at fault looking at your log. So copying a known working one across would rule it out. Your pi one must have been corrupted. Addons are not (usually) platform specific so copying from one to the other will work.
Have fun buddy.

Last edited:

nothere

Banned
Nov 25, 2012
By the way. Your first post in this thread was excellent. Very specific and nice logs. If only every ones were the same :) people who take the effort when posting the problem get the most help. I didn't reply sooner as o could see you were working out the file paths yourself. Well done mate. :)

Last edited:

Jimmymcmahon2012

May 12, 2012
Glad it sorted mate it could only be the URL resolver at fault looking at your log. So copying a known working one across would rule it out. Your pi one must have been corrupted. Addons are not (usually) platform specific so copying from one to the other will work.
Have fun buddy.
haha you arent going to believe this ! Just finally got it working after 3 days..and guess what...real-debrid has now gone offline for maintenance !!! all hosters down!!

Where is Jeremy Beadle ?? Hes going to jump out at me Im sure of it :cool:

<div style="margin-top:35px;font:14px Trebuchet MS,arial">Veuillez nous excuser pour cette interruption.<br/>
Toute l'équipe travaille actuellement à la remise en service du site dans les plus brefs délais.</div>
<div style="margin-top:35px;font:14px Trebuchet MS,arial">Sorry, our website is experiencing some technical issues.<br/>
We are doing our best to make our website available as soon as possible.</div>

What is a little concerning is that I had just set up a brand new pi with a fresh install of raspbmc and I only installed 1Ch**nel add on and that was displaying the same behaviour on the real debrid links straight away. Not sure if something in the raspbmc image is corrupting the urlresolver or something associated with it as soon as it downloads??

God knows, very puzzling. I am just going to have to backup this copy of urlresolver for now and manually copy it over to my next pi's that I put together.

I look forward to the real debrid hosts coming back online :)

Thanks again

Last edited:

amcfarla

Jul 28, 2012
Northglenn, CO
I added this post under 1Ch**nel plugin forum channel but I will add here also since it fixed my issue with getting the error "upgrade your account now to generate a link"

Ok, I was having the same problem. I couldn't get anything to play at all and was getting the message "upgrade your account now to generate a link" for every link I selected. I discovered at the realdebrid site under settings there is a check box for "Direct Download" and it was unchecked and after checking that box the videos started playing. I hope this resolves everyone's issues with this since I didn't see a post that this was the fix for this issue.

nothere

Banned
Nov 25, 2012
I added this post under 1Ch**nel plugin forum channel but I will add here also since it fixed my issue with getting the error "upgrade your account now to generate a link"

Ok, I was having the same problem. I couldn't get anything to play at all and was getting the message "upgrade your account now to generate a link" for every link I selected. I discovered at the realdebrid site under settings there is a check box for "Direct Download" and it was unchecked and after checking that box the videos started playing. I hope this resolves everyone's issues with this since I didn't see a post that this was the fix for this issue.
Good point. I checked mine and I must have ticked it at some point. Not tried unticked. Good port of call for people having real debrid problems.