has anyone tried to creat a openelec swissarmy knife lately

tim

Jan 21, 2013
Hi has anyone tried recently to make a usb from ubuntu? just recently when I use terminal the first line goes with out any problems but the second command always give a syntax error.

LiquidMercury

May 17, 2012
Kansas
just what are you having trouble with? In all honesty if your have a crystal hd card I would suggest looking into crystalbuntu they have windows, mac and linux installers and its a piece of cake.

crusader88

Apr 19, 2013
just what are you having trouble with? In all honesty if your have a crystal hd card I would suggest looking into crystalbuntu they have windows, mac and linux installers and its a piece of cake.
You got that right crystal buntu, is the best, if you want i can make a swiss army knife and test it if you wish

May 6, 2012
I can't get swiss army knife to work either. It creates fine but when you look at the contents of the folder it is empty. I tried every usb that I have that worked before and still the folders are empty except for a file "install" which is think was a text file.

cLePtO

May 8, 2012
im having the same problem after creating the usb key only that one file showing up its a text file and it says install when you open it

cLePtO

May 8, 2012
Nvm i figured out. For some odd reason when i was creating the usb key using my mac the program was saying it was crating it successfully, but that's not the case it was missing some files that would make the atv1 boot from the usb. I created a linux livecd and used the same steps on their wiki page but following the linux steps instead of the mac and all went well;)

iawweh

Mar 29, 2013
This might be a very dumb question :( and a feel dumb asking it... Though when is says enter the password for your user account... what password is is asking for?