Bug Have to press play to start playback and resume playback not working Kodi 18

makkie_65

Jan 28, 2014
I just upgraded from Kodi 17 to 18 and noticed two immediate issues:

1) In v18 I have to press the play button in the lower left side of the screen to start playback when in v17 and prior versions, playback would start automatically once you selected the source. Any idea how to fix this?

2) Resume not working. You know, when you are watching something and you comeback to it the next day it would resume play from when you left off the day before, now it's not working. Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you so much in advance. Best to all.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Certain addons allow you to set auto play in the settings. The resume can also be set in settings and again for certain addons. Not sure what addon you are using but if you browse thr settings you should be able to figure it out easily.

makkie_65

Jan 28, 2014
It's doing it for ALL my addons (sc**bs, ex***s, etc.) since the 18.2 installation in both my devices (one windows 7 and the other android) and it was NOT doing it in 17.4 and 17.6 installed in the windows and android devices respectively. I read other people are complaining of the same thing, but have found no solution. Any help will be much appreciated.

makkie_65

Jan 28, 2014
Thank you, but I don't think it has to do with any addons. It started when I upgraded from 17.4 and 17.6 to 18.2. I could always go back to the older versions, I'm sure that will fix the problem, but I though since it is a kodi issue with the new version that perhaps someone else had encountered the same issue. Anyways, thanks again.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Both issues you are describing work well for me on Leia 18.2. Playback starts without interaction on my part other than selecting the link. Resume also works well for me.
Are you using Trakt and do you have the trakt addon installed on your system?

makkie_65

Jan 28, 2014
Yes, I am using Trakt and never had an issue with that before. I didn't know there was a Trakt addon, I'm using the Trakt collection within all the addons that have it.
But you say that you have no issues with your installation of 18.2. Is there something within the kodi settings (not the addon settings) that I should look at. Maybe something got out of wack when I did the upgrade, although it curious that it happen on both my devices...

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I can't think of any settings within Kodi that could affect this or cause this behaviour. I do have to admit that sometimes I don't get the resume working but that is only once in a while and normally when the Trakt API is having issues.
have you tried the auto play within the addon settings see if that helps at all...or if it even plays for that matter.

makkie_65

Jan 28, 2014
Yes, I already tinkered within the addons and no luck. Thanks for trying. If you think of anything in the future please let me know. Cheers

• Agree
Reactions: RavRob