Have you cancelled your cable TV subscription yet?

Have you cancelled your cable TV subscription yet?

• Yes

Votes: 48 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Under Consideration

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleazar Coding

Retired Moderator
Oct 10, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
We're curious to hear about how many of you have actually taken the leap to cancel their cable or satellite television subscriptions. We're trying to figure out ways of better accomodating to cord cutters and want to hear back from you about your experiences. Just reply to the thread, we're eager to hear what you have to say!

gwilly7

May 26, 2014
Broncos Country
I have not yet. Until watching live sports gets more reliable I can't do it. That is the only reason, I stream everything else. I have recently gotten an hdhomerun and hooked it to an old antenna in the attic and the new app works pretty good for my locals. Just need to get up there and adjust it a little. So I am getting closer.

Last edited:

fracl

Jan 1, 2015
I have not yet. Until watching live sports gets more reliable I can't do it. That is the only reason, I stream everything else.
I'm a big Sports fan also.. I found hockeystreams addon and pay for NHL hockey, for baseball I use Spor**dev*l, haven't missed a game yet. I cancelled cable after the holidays.

gwilly7

May 26, 2014
Broncos Country
I'm a big Sports fan also.. I found hockeystreams addon and pay for NHL hockey, for baseball I use Spor**dev*l, haven't missed a game yet. I cancelled cable after the holidays.
Nhl in Pho*nix was great. Spo*ts De*il is good but I have to watch sports in hd.

regisma

Developer
Sep 21, 2014
Hi,

Yes I did it, but truly , I did this prior knowing Xbmc !

I have installed on my roof two DB 8 antennas.

I can see about 23 channels, few in french and many in english.

Now that I'm using Kodi, I do not feel to ask to my cable company to come and to install the cable at my house.

Very soon, I will buy an Android box which is more convenient.

Cable is a waste of money, Internet is an investment!

Thanks

Regis

Last edited:

josh3794

Jan 20, 2013
Cut mine about two and a half years ago. Stream pretty much everything now and my kids can use the box almost better then I can.

d_dagger

Mar 30, 2015
Absafrigginlootley..:)cut ties about 2-3 months ago and was nervous about it initially. Like when a bird takes its first flight. Happy to say im well acclimated and flying solo. I still have 20 or so channels albeit crap quality which we have on in the backround at times. Any serious focussed viewing is streamed. Next step might be getting some sort of indoor antenna (apartment) and improving quality of channels with OTA's.

Hope42

Sep 4, 2013
B.C. Canada
Yes as well. I cancelled mine over 2 years ago.n Now, there is way too much to watch. I have enjoyed more with Kodi than with any subscription EVER!

Smartie38

May 13, 2015
Ended my 15 year sub to sky tv in April, all down to their constant price increases, wasn't until after I left that I heard about all the addons available to xbmc/kodi so decided to take a look and well, let's just say I would have cut sky off sooner had I known about all the addons & I certainly don't miss sky one bit.

Pretty much everything I watched on sky I can find via all the addons available except for one thing, the f1 races on sky in HD so I download them from usenet.

ponghclub

Aug 3, 2014
cutted the cord from TWC 3 years ago save $130 a month and my saving acc start growing since then.

kidzrback

Apr 22, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Haven't taken the plunge yet as my basic cable is only about $20/mth.
I really have to do it though. Not much of a sports fan so not really worried about that.
I do really get anything I want on Kodi.

dkplayaclub

Sep 14, 2012
Rochester, NY
I cut the cord a few years ago now. The basic service with no HBO or other premium channels was running $130/month. That was just way, way too much. Since the cut, I am very happy not being on a schedule and hardly ever watch live streams.
The only issue I have is people in the house who want to watch HGTV. There never seem to be available live streams and even the shows when looked up in Genesis/SA*TS have no good sources.
Been considering getting SlingTV just for this purpose. Can anyone who has used Sling give me a short review, and also will the SlingTV streams work in FTVGuide? Then I think everyone will be happy. :)

Albacorey

Feb 22, 2015
Was nervous at first the wife would not be happy about it. Turns out the whole family has not missed a beat! The only thing I miss is paying a $130 cable bill every month!! NOT!!!

ignatz13

Nov 8, 2012
Yes...almost 3 years ago. I use Kodi mainly, but also have an OTA antenna with a preamp for local tv and pickup a total of 44 channels.

Delwashy

Apr 5, 2014
Bolton(England)
I must admit i have never paid for cable or sky i use kodi for my movies and TV series for sport i bought myself an opensat box and bought a couple of lines to be on the safe side so that's my sports sorted. Ok i paid for the lines but £30 +£40 for the year one can't complain i get the full package plus ppv

markaisi

Mar 22, 2014
I have used sling since January. Works very well. It only works for one TV at a time but have not had any real problems. Occasionally I get a little studdering but nothing that is not easily fixed. I believe there is a free trial.

jose8223

Aug 30, 2014
I canceled direc tv 3 days ago i had both cable and satellite since my cable company could not provided hd and drv service that directv had to offer. However i still need to remain with cable since they are my internet provider. I now stream everything i am not a big sports fan so i don't have a problem there.

Status
Not open for further replies.