Have you cancelled your cable TV subscription yet?

Have you cancelled your cable TV subscription yet?

• Yes

Votes: 48 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Under Consideration

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadalert

Feb 15, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
I love Kodi, but cannot cancel cable at this time because I prefer HD on programs I watch. Kodi still has limited HD for TV shows as well as most major channels. Also, there's a lot of times when I can't watch a program because of long buffering, no streams available, or script errors.

satman61

Feb 18, 2013
Well as for me I will never cancel my sub to satellite. ....all forms of (free) tv are not realieable in my opinion so it's no more than a hobby and if works well enough to watch a few programs that I enjoy or can't find on my expensive monthly sub it's icing on my cake.....plus there is no comparison when it comes to HD pic quality. ...but that's just me.....I've been in the hobby tv since way back in the rom-3 days

Barneyby Jones

Jul 10, 2014
Just did, but personally hadn't used it for over a year when I got my little Ouya. Now I got a Firetv stick for the other tv plus a hd antenna for local stuff (quality is greater than I thought, guess cause it's right from the source). with a lot of the add-ons and my personal library I'm pretty good. I also went with Sling TV (which is favorited in Kodi) when me or anyone wants to watch live tv. It pretty much has all the channels I or the other people watch except for a few (BET, OWN, Comedy Central, FX). If they're able to have those in the future "and/or/+" have a $5 pack where you get to pick the channels you want in said pack.......great.

jjackson29501

Jul 15, 2015
I havent yet because I am still struggling with the buffering time and the number of bad links I am having to go thru to find a good one. I want to watch another FireStick set up the same to see if it is just mine or if this is the norm. I went thru the process and now I shut my internet down along with the fire stick a couple times a day for at minimum 15 min for a cool down period, this did help my overall internet speed per the speed test I use but I dont see much change in the amount of time or ability to Watch HD movies.

homerdaisy

Apr 23, 2014
Being a former CATV Cable Installation Technician, I haven't "paid" for cable in years. They are now making it harder and harder to steal cable with needing a digital converter to receive any channels at all. But it's not like I don't have anything to watch. My son's Netflix account, OTA antenna, XBMC, IKS, IPTV...................there ain't enough hours in the day!

Homer

EricJ

Jul 16, 2015
Oxford, Mi
Like so many other folks, it been like two years. Other then
the locals, we only watched like three channels for a hundred
a month. Threw an antenna on the house bought an android
tv box, got the wife up to speed. Like the post above me, just
not enough time in the day to see it all.

cloudyb

Apr 5, 2014
Cancelled cable.
Have an outside antenna for locals
Running (3) android tv boxes in the house
With the help of the great Admins, an Forum members here.
Thank you everyone for all you do.

Possum

Dec 13, 2013
Cut the cable almost three months ago. With Kodi and Netflix there is more than enuff to watch. No buffering issues here (in Canada) and autoplay avoids the dead links. No antenna either. I get the news from the radio. Kids and wife are happy too, So...... I am greatly appreciating all the work done on this site !
Thanks tons people. You are priceless !
Cheers,
Possum

Steckborn

Apr 18, 2015
Santa Clarita, CA
I cancelled my cable and upgraded to 50. It doesn't seem to help. My speed is still bad at mostly 10. Have not been able to figure out why. I do have a roku and purchased CBS Access @ $6 for live tv for news and emergency broadcasts. It works for me.

A big Thank You to the programmers. Your work is very much appreciated!!

Leilan

Feb 22, 2015
I did. I had only used Kodi for 3 days but that was enough time to know this was gonna fulfill my tv desires. Quality, of course is not the same, but you get a lot more variety than what cable or satellite can do for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.