Having trouble installing openelec 4 to sd and usb

splatee

Aug 28, 2013
Hello,

I have been running OpenElec for sometime now from my usb with no issues. SO today i try and update to Gotham and have had a rough time of it. I am trying to do fresh install but it is not working. I have formated both SD and USB but i just can not get the process down to install. I am trying to install OpenElec 4.0.2. I have looked at the guides for USB install but i am just getting more confused with all the different ways. I am able to copy the files to the SD but i cannot get to edit the cmd to change to point to USB. Sorry :(

Thank you

splatee

Aug 28, 2013
I am still having no luck with this and can not figure out why.

I am following the 5 min OpenElec to USB in 5 min guide.

I format SD to "system" Fat32, USB to EXT4 "storage"
Then i write the image for OpenElec 4.0.2

If i do not change the cmd line and leave it "boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet" it will boot fine but it is not going to the USB.

If i change it to "boot=LABEL=SYSTEM disk=LABEL=STORAGE ssh quiet" i get error that error "failed to mount storage".

I have checked the formatting of the SD and USB and after writing the image the SD has a partition EXt4 on it.

splatee

Aug 28, 2013
Ok i believe i have it working now :)

Changed CMD line to "boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/sda1 ssh quiet"

Now it is time to put the overclock settings back and configure.

Thank you

splatee

Aug 28, 2013
Now i can not get any overclock settings to work. There is no affect, still stays at stock settings. I made sure that i changed force_turbo=1#

splatee

Aug 28, 2013
I think i got everything sorted out. I just went and installed an older image and then i manually opened the config file and made changes to it. Then put the Gotham updates in the "update" folder and manually upgraded. Everything seems to be working except for Pandora, keeps saying my login info is incorrect even after i reset it all.

Thank you