HD Buffering Issues

royamarley

Oct 24, 2016
Hello

I am not very technical minded and I am having trouble with buffering issues in Kodi. I mainly use Ex**us, Pheonix and N*vi X to stream TV and movies and I have noticed that most of the 1080p and HD links buffer as soon as you put them on and continue throughout the stream. This has resulted in me watching everything in poor quality although even a poor quality link was buffering all the way through last night. I did a speed check on my broadband whilst this was happening and got a result 0f 96mpp or whatever it is so i cant see how it can be my internet.

My android box was quite inexpensive - could this be the problem?

many thanks

omardeen

Mar 5, 2016
I had major buffering issues and I switch my box from using WIIFI to using Ethernet cable which improve my streams tremendously. However recently I notice with TV shows using HD or 1080 my picture would freeze for about 6 seconds then go again. I already have my cache adjusted and I am using realdebrid.

I do a speed test and I am running 93 MBPS . I am thinking its the server the stream is coming from

glues4wood

Dec 30, 2016
I am having issues with buffering too but it only happens on tv shows, I can watch any movie and it doesn't buffer once what is up with this and how do i fix it ? driving me crazy, I did see something about advancedsettings.xml but i have no idea what that is all about i am no coder and this kodi stuff can be a bit technical, and I can't understand how something 2.5 hrs long plays flawlessly while a 30 min show stops 3 minutes in to buffer pretty frustrating and I have 100 MBPS internet running on Ethernet cable not wifi so I don't think it should even have an issue but it does

cynycl

Oct 30, 2015
try disabling video acceleration in system/video/acceleration and see if it helps

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Your speed is only as fast as the source you select. No matter if you had a 500mbps if the source only downloads at 50kbs that's all you're gonna get.

Select another source.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Kodi Support 0
T Kodi Support 2
M Debrid Services 7