mahockey

Feb 14, 2013
Raspberry Pi2
Openelec
Rpi recommended Power supply (5v 2amp)
Overclocked : Turbo
Screen: Projector BenQ W1070+ but also SONY Bravia

Hi,
I am having a problem in that when using Openelec my screen blinks off , and what looks like the HDMI signal dropping out for a second is causing this?

I can stream and play 1080p content no problem, but sometimes if I am viewing menus, or video library within Openelec then this occurs.

I am using the correct and recommended Power Supply for the Rpi2 and I have set the Video settings within OpenElec to suit my projector ( 1080p with a refresh rate 60).

again when things are playing/streaming its fine (no drop outs) but (eg) if I am on Live TV and the menus along with the stream (in a PP window) are playing then this problem is chronic.

I have overclocked to see if this would help (especially the over voltage end of things) but still no better.

I suffer this also on the Rpi1 modelB but was hoping buying a Rpi2 i wouldn't see this problem. :(

Any suggestions what to try/change next would be greatly appreciated.

M

lowridin_guy

May 10, 2012
My friend is having this same problem with his rpi 1. Haven't figured it out yet. We've changed power supplies, added the HDMI safe mode code into the config file, tried the HDMI boost setting in config file and no luck yet.

I plugged in my Android box into his TV and it did not flicker/drop out like the pi does.

mahockey

Feb 14, 2013
I have greatly improved on this problem by reducing (yes reducing) the over clocking from high to around medium settings, also the refresh rate within the GUI I reduced from refresh rate:60 to 30.

my projector can handle the higher refresh rate but the Rpi2 didn't like it.

I can now view HD content along with menus shown on screen without HDMi drop outs/ refreshes