HDMI cables ports splitters HDCP MHL ARC

Torontopaul

Oct 11, 2017
Does anyone know about HDMI cables and which are best to use with a wetek or android box? Because of copyright laws like DRM or HDCP protection built in to HDMI cables and ports, they try to block any device or box it might even accidentally redflag.

I know on my tv there are 3 HDMI ports, HDCP, ARC, MHL.

HDCP:
for streaming devices but block anythong without HDCP or DRM license.
Wetek has the DRM HDCP license

ARC
audio return channel for computers
MHL
for smartphone connection

The HDCP port no longer allows connection as this is built to block devices. So I use either the ARC or MHL ports but sometimes they do not work randomly like right now.
Right now none of my hdmi ports will work on my LG 4k tv 2 years old. But it will work on my 7 year old 1080 dynex tv.

I have seen online it is suggested to use a special device like a splitter hdmi fir HDCP passthrough or bypass. Not sure if its real or not or works but they are $15-$100 on Amazon. Anyone know?

I have also read online that all HDMI cables are the same in terms of 4k vs 1080 resolution and its a marketing scam to buy a 4k HDMI. anyone know if thats true?

I want to find the right HDMI cables and or splitter to get my Wetek boxes to work smoothly again with the best results and resolution.

Are there any special HDMI cables that bypass hdcp without a splitter?

I am trying to decide if I need a new 4k hdcp 2.2 hdmi 2.0 cable or get a splitter or a new tv.

Never had this issue before. Even my universal remote wont connect to any box now for some bizarre reason.

SOGLAD5

Jun 5, 2018
A few hdmi answers

A few ANSWERS below...

I have also read online that all HDMI cables are the same in terms of 4k vs 1080 resolution and its a marketing scam to buy a 4k HDMI. anyone know if thats true?

*** Essentially most HDMI cables are the same, however there are some 'Heavy Duty' cables on eBay if you must? ELECTRICALLY, these are low voltage signals and MOST cables are rather 'low-loss' as is. HOWEVER do not use the tiny HDMI cables provided with some 'devices'! True junk. ***

***Also know some budget HDMI cables may not pass some "Smart TV" features!***

*** It really irks me to see and hear the salespersons at Best Buy pushing those VERY expensive "gold plated 4K" HDMI cables at about $40 a pop... yep and folks just add them to the tab ~ YIKES!***

*** I am betting if you walked out of the room and had a friend 'exchange' the gold for the plain janes ~ you would never know the difference when you walked back in! ***

I want to find the right HDMI cables and or splitter to get my Wetek boxes to work smoothly again with the best results and resolution.

*** OK, I recommend splinters that have internal amplifiers and isolation ~ that is, with their OWN 5 VDC supplies... I have never gone wrong with them. ***

*** See this Panlong NEW 1 to 2 1X2 HDMI 1.4 Splitter - WITH POWER SUPPLY ~ US $8 shipped. eBay: 192350275240 (he only has one)

PLEASE AVOID the molded body types of splitters because of high insertion LOSS and possible cross-talk!***

Hope this helps!
SOGLAD5 :cool: