Hello I have just moved over to Ouya from Nano slim + but have one big problem

Flex

Mar 22, 2013
Hello I have just moved over to Ouya but have one big problem

Hi guys happy to be hear and must say I'm happy with the speed I'm getting from the Ouya box I have only had it around 6 hours but at least 4 of the hours have been pulling my hair out.

I have looked in this part of the site and found the same question asked at lest 4 times with 2 having help and the other 2 blanked.

Now my question is this

Side loaded xbmc downloaded from xbmc.org frodo 12.3 and its running sweet about from I'm unable to get any Xbmc remote software working. Now as I said I found out your meant to input the info your self easy job.

Ie
Name XBMC
ip 192.168.0.6
Mac ##\##\##\##\##\##
Port 8080
User Name
Password

After putting in all the info I get this error. Come up
Cannot connect to endpoint. Add anyways ?
This is with Xbmc touch remote on iPad

And with the official Xbmc remote it just don't anything
I have all so tryed android xbmc remotes with no luck.
So how do I get this working guys as I say pulling my hair out just can't do it :( thanks

Last edited:

Flex

Mar 22, 2013
Yes same thing it can't see the xbmc :( just downloaded the ouya xbmc app from there store its 12.2 and still no luck dont know if it could be firewall.

Last edited:

Flex

Mar 22, 2013
Thanks bro I did see that but that's for hard remote not software witch I'm trying to use

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
You need to enable the feature within XBMC first! Navigate to SYSTEM/SERVICES and enable every option in that menu structure.

This allows XBMC to be controlled remotely. Allows remotes to connect... Ext.

Flex

Mar 22, 2013
Yea its all on bro all blue this is what I can't work out why it won't see it driving me nuts xbmc side loaded easy as pie and the stock one went on no problem but again same problem

Spent about 6 hours on it now on and off just can't understand what he problem is unless I need to open a port on my router but not needed to with nano

Last edited:

Flex

Mar 22, 2013
Is it worth me factory resetting the ouya box and trying again guys or do you think it could be a port on the modem Virgin super hub 2

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
You can try but I highly sought it is an issue within OUYAs firmware. I would suspect a router or firewall issue.

Perhaps.... Install the latest nightlies from

http://xbmc.org/dowbloads

From there... Choose nightlies, then android, then ARM and install. See if you have a different experience with that FIRST.

Its the version I'm running on my OUYA and its working. Do that BEFORE you wipe everything else. Remember it will be under the MAKE menu once installed.... Not the PLAY menu ;)

Flex

Mar 22, 2013
Shotgun only word I can say is thank you my friend you have made me a really happy man ;) did as you said got the newest build and it worked right of the bat I did not have to do anything no inputting my info both Xbmc Touch and xbmc remote on ipad worked found my ouya in seconds. Thanks again bro

Flex

Mar 22, 2013
Just running some 1080p from cough cough program on xbmc and I'm grinning from ear to ear now mate there's one thing maybe you can fill me in on pal.
Some stuff says film 1080p dts when I play it there's no sound but dd5.1 comes out the tv would I be wright in thinking dts would come out of my amp when setup.

Oh sorry pal one more question hope you can help save me starting new post anyway to get UK English keybord on ouya as mine is set as us I can't for the lift of me find uk English.

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Part one check the XBMC AUDIO settings and select the needed boxes to enable did 5.1.

Part 2... In unsure. Never needed to do it.

If guessing.... From ouya...

Go settings(system) ... Advanced. . input.... And check there for language options.

Flex

Mar 22, 2013
Thanks bro see all audio setting now nice one and yea the language for uk keybord not there have to stick with us English for now

Thanks again for the help bro

chrisnewton

Jan 14, 2014
Thanks bro see all audio setting now nice one and yea the language for uk keybord not there have to stick with us English for now

Thanks again for the help bro
Ok have to ask...what is XBMC remote? i have seen this on google play store. What does it do?

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
It is a remote control from XBMC. It is on your phone... Instead of a physical remote control. If unsure... Is with posting with!!!!