help please :) how to update to Gotham

minus28

Mar 8, 2014
Hi folks,

I get quite confused by all the terms but I know that I'm running open lec, frodo and xbmchub on raspberry pi. Which one is it that's updated to Gotham? Is it frodo? Is there a way of updating purely through the television? I got the raspberry pi all set up for me when I got it so I'm a total noob to it. Do I need to update the SD card through the PC or?

Any help much appreciated :) baby steps evemoreso :D

Thank you

ute

Dec 16, 2012
Pretty easy

Download new release of OE

Just go to windows explorer and type in the ip addy of the Pi

Look for the update folder and From the folder you extracted the new release into, open the target folder. Inside you should find four files. Grab all 4 files, KERNEL, KERNEL.md5, SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5 from here, and copy/extract them to the Update share on the OpenELEC machine.

minus28

Mar 8, 2014
Pretty easy

Look for the update folder and From the folder you extracted the new release into, open the target folder. Inside you should find four files. Grab all 4 files, KERNEL, KERNEL.md5, SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5 from here, and copy/extract them to the Update share on the OpenELEC machine.
Oh dear I'm more stupid than I thought, all that is like double Dutch to me :D

Is it not possible to do the update to Gotham through xbmc with the raspberry pi attached to television? I.e. navigate through xbmc menus on television to update?

What does OE stand for? And where would I find it?

After I have downloaded what I need to would I save it to SD card then put the sd card in the raspberry pi?

Sorry I'm not too clever when it comes to this. Thanks for your help

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
You cant do anything through your television :)

oe = openelec

Last edited:

tomtomclub

Apr 21, 2013
The Netherlands.usa
Pretty easy

\\192.168.1.92 :p
:)after all these years i try ip in firefox but never heave success to login the pi , I always use winscp in order to do the job, or ftp but hell way not use \\192.168.1.92 to login :) I always take the hard road:

Last edited:

ute

Dec 16, 2012
Not IE Explorer but windows explorer

Start

my computer

libraries

in the address bar put the ip in \\192.168.1.92 ( or what ever your Pi is )

Bingo you are in your Pi