Help pleaseeee subs won't download

Usernamedray

Dec 16, 2015
I need help with subtitles on kodi. I don't know why they will not download, I am attaching a log so hopefully someone out here can help me out. It's a xmas present and I want it fully functional (don't wanna gift half assed).

XBMC Debug Log Site

Last edited:

Pa247

Apr 6, 2015
You need to install the kodi repo and the you can install open subtitles.org

Pa247

Apr 6, 2015
When you installed kodi 15.2, it also installs the official repo. You should be able to got to Settings / ADDONS / install from repository / scroll down to Kodi repo / scroll down to subtitles. Select open subtitles .org and install.

Then you go back to /settings /videos / subtitles / select language for the S ubtitles / and then select default tv show service and default movie service and select opensubtitles.org for both.

Usernamedray

Dec 16, 2015
When you installed kodi 15.2, it also installs the official repo. You should be able to got to Settings / ADDONS / install from repository / scroll down to Kodi repo / scroll down to subtitles. Select open subtitles .org and install.

Then you go back to /settings /videos / subtitles / select language for the S ubtitles / and then select default tv show service and default movie service and select opensubtitles.org for both.
The subtitle addons are downloaded... When I look for subtitles for any movie or tv show it shows me results but once I click on them it says"unable to download". This is what I need help with in order to figure out and fix what is causing the problem

hfudge

May 12, 2012
For subtitles in English, I would recommend that you install OpenSubtitles.org as directed, above. Then also install two other subtitles addons: Podnapisi.net and Subscene.com

You will also need to configure the userid & password for OpenSubtitles and Subscene.

crawl

May 7, 2012
Kansas City, MO
The subtitle addons are downloaded... When I look for subtitles for any movie or tv show it shows me results but once I click on them it says"unable to download". This is what I need help with in order to figure out and fix what is causing the problem
Which subtitle provider are you using? Some of them require an account with the subtitle provider. If you install podnapisi for example, you have to have a podnapisi account, and input your podnapisi account name and password before it will work.

Also check in system settings and see where you're downloading subtitles. Go to System\Video\Subtitles. Check the Subtitle download location. If you've set that location to a file location that doesn't have write access, you're not going to be able to save any subtitles. Be sure those settings are correct.