Help upgrading to 17.3 Krypton on OpenElec

TDB73

Sep 24, 2015
Hello

I am currently using an Asus chromebox running OpenElec kodi 15.2

I would like to upgrade to Kodi 17.3 Krypton.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
OpenElec is not getting much love these days. You would be better off moving to LibreElec instead. The new updated version is out if I am not mistaking. It also gets updated regularly, unlike OpenElec.

TDB73

Sep 24, 2015
OpenElec is not getting much love these days. You would be better off moving to LibreElec instead. The new updated version is out if I am not mistaking. It also gets updated regularly, unlike OpenElec.
Thanks for the info

Ill move to LibreElec

Once I do I can upgrade to 17.3?

appreciate the assistance

Tikipeter

Apr 22, 2014
You yourself don't update Kodi when using OpenELEC/LibreELEC. The distribution itself provides the update. The latest version of LibreELEC (8.0.2) comes packaged with Kodi 17.3.
If Kodi comes out with a new version, say Kodi 17.4 (unlikely), then you would have to wait until LibreELEC brings out a new version with Kodi 17.4 included. You cannot update Kodi yourself, you update LibreELEC.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
You can manually update OpenElec and LibreElec it's just a case of dropping the tarball in the .update folder and rebooting.

You can also update OpenElec to LibreElec but I would do a full backup first.
Missing out one release could cause problems so maybe update to Jarvis first then krypton.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Kodi Support 6
G Kodi Support 7
A Kodi Support 3