Help with android box (kodi17)

packrat

Feb 11, 2015
cold country
Do you load Kodi 17 through Internet directly to android box or load it on a thumb drive and install through usb port on android box? Thanks in advance.

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
Do you load Kodi 17 through Internet directly to android box or load it on a thumb drive and install through usb port on android box? Thanks in advance.
If your box has the Google Play store, you install it from there. Otherwise you can download the apk and install from USB, local file share, or other methods. I use a file share to install apks that are not available from google store.

skyhigh

Jan 11, 2015
either way works, install the app from the play store, or download the apk it and sideload, your call..

Valdaz

Apr 15, 2017
AU
What if none of these methods works!

If your box has the Google Play store, you install it from there. Otherwise you can download the apk and install from USB, local file share, or other methods. I use a file share to install apks that are not available from google store.
idokfire

What if none of these methods works! I.e. Both USB & Internet installation of the New Kodi 17 APK return a prompt stating "Kodi Did Not Install". I have followed the steps in relation to "Upgrading to the Latest Version of Kodi is Now Necessary (17.1 Krypton)" although it does not indicate the exact procedure for the installation of KODI 17 APK? Only to have basically refresh what was there already there and according to the System inf, Build etc Kodi 16 hasn't changed with the exception of (Configuring Debrid Services and Live Streaming Support) which I excluded from the setup procedure. I have read in other articles, that Kodi can be installed over itself by simply using the basic install method as you would any other APK! My Device is working fine, but occsionally I recieve a Prompt that states "Upgrading to Kodi 17 Krypton is advisable due to the http protocol issue with Kodi 16.1".

Could you please assist in helping me rectify this issue?
All help would be much appreciated.
:)

Device Specs: X96 Quad Core 8GB 4K HDMI 2.0 Android 6.0 Smart TV BOX 2.4GHz WIFI Media Player

Regards

Valdaz

Valdaz

Apr 15, 2017
AU
What if none of these methods works!

idokfire

What if none of these methods works! I.e. Both USB & Internet installation of the New Kodi 17 APK return a prompt stating "Kodi Did Not Install". My Device is working fine, although I recieve the Prompt on occasions that states "Upgrading to Kodi 17 Krypton is advisable due to the http protocol issue with Kodi 16.1". I have followed the steps in relation to"Upgrading to the Latest Version of Kodi is Now Necessary (17.1 Krypton)" Only to have basically refreshed what was there already with the exception of (Configuring Debrid Services and Live Streaming Support). It does not indicate the procedure for the installation of KODO 17 APK? although I have read in other articles, that Kodi can be installed over itself by simply using the basic install method as you would any other APK!

could you assist in helping me rectify this issue?
All help would be much appreciated.

Device Specs: X96 Quad Core 8GB 4K HDMI 2.0 Android 6.0 Smart TV BOX 2.4GHz WIFI Media Player

Regards

Valdaz

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Valdez are you saying the Play Store won't allow you to upgrade your Kodi?

Also was this some sort of 'pre-configured' box you purchased? If so who knows what they did, and it might be something they did that is no allowing you to upgrade... If this is the case, the best option is to nuke Kodi entirely and start over with your own fresh new build... And I don't mean just uninstall, I mean going in with a file manager and removing all traces of the previous install, then installing virgin fresh...

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
I agree with Meep. The only time I have seen where you cannot install Kodi is when there is a rogue version of Kodi that is causing problems. My guess is that you have a 'fully loaded' box with a fork of kodi or some other oddity that is blocking it. Uninstall and start from scratch.