Help with downloads please

allycat141

Jan 29, 2017
Hi

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I am new to Kobi.
My box is plugged into my tv. I have configured the settings through Ex**us to download to my external hard drive which I've connected to the kobi box. The download completes but when I go to watch it there is nothing on the hard drive. I have given it a folder to download to so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Thank you for your time.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Use the File Manager in Kodi to delete a file from the external hard drive. If you can't delete the file it means your Android hasn't got permission to Write to it - hence nothing is being saved. If that is the case then you will need to set Write Permissions in Android, for which you will need root access. Come back and let us know how you got on as if you can indeed delete a file then we'll have to look elsewhere.

allycat141

Jan 29, 2017
Use the File Manager in Kodi to delete a file from the external hard drive. If you can't delete the file it means your Android hasn't got permission to Write to it - hence nothing is being saved. If that is the case then you will need to set Write Permissions in Android, for which you will need root access. Come back and let us know how you got on as if you can indeed delete a file then we'll have to look elsewhere.
Thank you for your reply. There is no option for me to delete a file or not to play it etc. Could you guide me what to do next please as simply as possible.

Thanks

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
1. On the main Kodi Screen go to \System\Appearance. Change the 'Settings Level' at the bottom to anything other than "Basic." Select 'File Lists' and make sure the option "allow file deletion and renaming" is switched On. You can switch all the options on if you like.

2. Underneath System on the main Kodi Screen you will see (if you are using the default Confluence skin) 'File Manager'. Select it and use that to navigate to a file on your external hard disk you no longer want. Bring up the Context Menu, select Delete, and if you have Write permissions enabled for that drive the file will be deleted. If you can't delete it then you don't.

All this is just to check if the Write permission for your HDD is the cause of your problem. I really hope it's not because things start to get a lot more complicated from here on in if it is. In the meantime if anyone else can come up with an idea as to why Ex**us isn't writing files to the hard disk please chip in - I assume because the OP can actually start a Download that the paths for both TV and Movie have been set correctly.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I have read somewhere that you need to set the download path for movies AND tv shows or it just won't work for some reason. This maybe fixed now but I am sure it was a problem not long ago. Check it out.

allycat141

Jan 29, 2017
1. On the main Kodi Screen go to \System\Appearance. Change the 'Settings Level' at the bottom to anything other than "Basic." Select 'File Lists' and make sure the option "allow file deletion and renaming" is switched On. You can switch all the options on if you like.

2. Underneath System on the main Kodi Screen you will see (if you are using the default Confluence skin) 'File Manager'. Select it and use that to navigate to a file on your external hard disk you no longer want. Bring up the Context Menu, select Delete, and if you have Write permissions enabled for that drive the file will be deleted. If you can't delete it then you don't.

All this is just to check if the Write permission for your HDD is the cause of your problem. I really hope it's not because things start to get a lot more complicated from here on in if it is. In the meantime if anyone else can come up with an idea as to why Ex**us isn't writing files to the hard disk please chip in - I assume because the OP can actually start a Download that the paths for both TV and Movie have been set correctly.
Hi

Allow deletion and renaming was not enabled but now is but when I try to delete a file it says "failed to delete at least one file. Check the log for more information"

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Hi

Allow deletion and renaming was not enabled but now is but when I try to delete a file it says "failed to delete at least one file. Check the log for more information"
Stoofer is likely right. You might not have the right permission to write to that HDD. Also post your log so someone can troubleshoot it.

pogo

Dec 15, 2015
Just to be sure there's no problem with the path itself, what path have you specified?