Request Help with downloads

Foty

Oct 29, 2016
Hey all, not sure if this is where I need to post as new here. I have downloaded a few movies from Ex**us on to my Android phone. Playback starts great, but usually near the last 15-20 mins of movie, I get and unsupported format error. I have tried a video converter and changed to mp4, which allows video to play, but sometimes sound is garbled. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Are you running out of space on the phone for the download and it's being truncated in some way?

Foty

Oct 29, 2016
Plays fine till last 15 mins or so of movie. I dl then move to my sd card as I have a gig n half of space left at any one time. Still plays fine till last bit then tells me unsupported file type. Converted and that's when sound garbled.

Chadman

Oct 12, 2014
Are you playing back through Kodi? I've never seen an unsupported format error.
If not, try Kodi. If so, try a few different apps. MX Player or BSPlayer.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Please take up Chadman's idea and see if using a different video player will solve your problem, you don't even have to leave Kodi since Ex**us will let you access the files you've downloaded through its Download icon.

Taking a wild swipe here - is your SD card damaged or a fake? Some fake SD cards misreport how much memory they have but still function as if they apparently had the full amount. In this case it would say that that you've written a file to 1.5GB of free space but if there is actually only 0.5GB there a chunk of data at the end of files greater than that will be lost.

cscott1

Jul 7, 2016
I had a similar issue with my Android box where there was no sound with the video when playing w

Chadman

Oct 12, 2014
Use Kodi or download MX Player from the Play store. Android stock player is garbage. Pretty sure this is an Android problem. If we haven't solved it, try an Android forum.