Help With Fusion and add ons

eric2285

Dec 8, 2016
I recently purchased a Wisewo Q box Android 5.1 for a friend of mine. She is kind of hard up so was trying to help her out and let her be able to watch TV and movies since she only has internet. I have a different box and it has worked fine. I dont live by her so its hard to figure out what is wrong but we have tried several things over phone and video chat. It came with Kodi 16.1 installed on it. The app opens fine, but when she clicks on Ex**us, it won't get past clicking on "movies", "new movies", "tv shows"....nothing happens. Says thinking and then just stops. Also if she tries searching for specific shows, nothing happens either. I tried to reinstall the Fusion add on, but having a problem with that as well. Whenever we get to the instructions, install from zip file and then select the file, there is nothing to select on the next screen whereas there should be "select xbmc-repos". Have tried several add ons with this and never anything after selecting what we name the file. So I am at a loss. I am not an expert on mine but i get around it fairly okay but have no idea what else to do. Please help so we get can this to work for her. thanks!!

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
If the above from FXB78 do not apply to you, you will need to do a fresh start. Many pre-loaded boxes come loaded with crap that is incompatible and often fail to update. Best is to remove everything and start anew.

eric2285

Dec 8, 2016
I ended up starting from scratch again, and a few other things and was finally able to get it to work. No idea why this time but thank God after two days of trying, it finally does. Quick question, when she installs addons, whether it be Spor**dev*l, Ex**us or any other, how do you get them to show on the main menu under Video? Also, I am using ******* because that is what a friend installed on mine when i bought it. Do you have another build you recommend that will be easier for her maybe or more user friendly. thanks again for the help!

Krunchy

Sep 25, 2013
USA
Hi eric2285,

You can put shortcuts to your favorite addons on the home screen for Videos, Programs and others by going to:
System >> Appearance >> Skin Settings .. Addon Shortcuts.

Most folks here will not recommend ANY builds. You have 2 pretty good options in Fusion:
Addon Installer (if you already know what you want).
Config Wizard (simpler, but will likely include some things you don't want)

Many also use Freetelly.

Jonnie83

Dec 11, 2016
Hi, I am having a very similar issue. Everything was working fine, then I kept getting no streams available when trying to watch from every add on. After reading online I thought the best option was to start from scratch so I uninstalled Kodi then installed again (v16.1). I then followed the instructions and installed Ex**us and all looked normal, but when trying to search for tv or movies (select by year for example) I see the working box appear in the bottom right hand corner, but then nothing happens. Any ideas on what is going wrong?