Help with Keymap Editor

kenmills

Jun 10, 2016
Hi all,

I am trying to map a key to open Ex**us to the Movies section, and I can't get it to work. I'm wondering if someone knows the syntax for it?
I'm manually editing the /.config/keymaps/gen.xml file.

This works, and opens up Ex**us:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61585">runaddon(plugin.video.Ex**us)</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

This does not work:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61585">runaddon(plugin.video.Ex**us?action=movies)</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Ken

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
Hi all,

I am trying to map a key to open Ex**us to the Movies section, and I can't get it to work. I'm wondering if someone knows the syntax for it?
I'm manually editing the /.config/keymaps/gen.xml file.

This works, and opens up Ex**us:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61585">runaddon(plugin.video.Ex**us)</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

This does not work:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61585">runaddon(plugin.video.Ex**us?action=movies)</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Ken
i really have no idea but i can see there is a space between the v and i in movies which i guess there shouldn't be ?

kenmills

Jun 10, 2016
Thanks for the reply. That is a typo, or some sort of weird forum thing. When I edit the post, the space is not there...

strange...

Ken

Tikipeter

Apr 22, 2014
Try this:
Code:
ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,"plugin://plugin.video.Ex**us/?action=movieNavigator",return)
Tip: To find the correct path to input, save the item you want to point to to favourites first, i.e. Ex**us==>Movies.
Then, open your favourites .xml file within portable data and see where it directs your favourite, i.e. the code above.
Good luck. :)

kenmills

Jun 10, 2016
Try this:
Code:
ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,"plugin://plugin.video.Ex**us/?action=movieNavigator",return)
Tip: To find the correct path to input, save the item you want to point to to favourites first, i.e. Ex**us==>Movies.
Then, open your favourites .xml file within portable data and see where it directs your favourite, i.e. the code above.
Good luck. :)
That is brilliant info thanks mate!

Sadly, Keymap Editor is not accepting the syntax. I have tried:

<key id="61585">runaddon(plugin.video.Ex**us?action=movieNavigator)</key>
<key id="61585">runaddon(plugin.video.Ex**us?action=movieNavigator ,return)</key>
<key id="61585">runaddon(plugin.video.Ex**us/?action=movieNavigator)</key>
<key id="61585">runaddon(plugin.video.Ex**us/?action=movieNavigator ,return)</key>
<key id="61585">runaddon(plugin://plugin.video.Ex**us/?action=movieNavigator)</key>
<key id="61585">runaddon(VideoLibrary,"plugin://plugin.video.Ex**us/?action=movieNavigator",return)</key>
<key id="61585">runaddon("plugin://plugin.video.Ex**us/?action=movieNavigator",return)</key>
<key id="61585">runaddon(plugin://plugin.video.Ex**us/?action=movieNavigator ,return)</key>
*And I tried all the above with the runplugin command

If someone knows the syntax that Keymap Editor accepts, that would be great, thanks!!
Cheers,
Ken

Tikipeter

Apr 22, 2014
You aren't using the code I gave you. You keep using "runaddon"
Just copy the code I gave you within the <key id="64585"> tags.
i.e.

Code:
<key id="64585">ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,"plugin://plugin.video.Ex**us/?action=movieNavigator",return)</key id="64585>

kenmills

Jun 10, 2016
Brilliant, thanks! Sorry I miss read your post. I don't use runaddon, I switch it to activatewindow.

Works perfectly.

Cheers!!
Ken