Request Help with Kodi connectivity - NEWBIE

mporph1977

Feb 21, 2015
Hi - I've just installed Kodi for the first time on my Macbook Air and am having a few teething issues . I've installed the TVAddons Custom TVMC edition, but when I search for a movie in Ic*f*lms I get the message 'An Error Occurred Loading Sources'. If I just go to a category such as 'Recently Added' the list is just empty. Whilst I don't get the same error on 1Ch**nel, the lists are again empty. I assume my settings are wrong somewhere, but I don't know where to begin?
I am online currently, so it's not my Macbook as such, but perhaps Kodi isn't online?

Any help would be gratefully received!

mporph1977

Feb 21, 2015
I am in the UK yes. I do have a Droidplayer box though and both of the add ons are available through the box and work fine on that. Is it because they were preinstalled?

derby555

Feb 19, 2015
I am in the UK yes. I do have a Droidplayer box though and both of the add ons are available through the box and work fine on that. Is it because they were preinstalled?
? how can you be blocked if there working fine on box?

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
If t works on one device in your home...it works on all devices.

With both of these ADDONS you are provided the ability to set different URLs as the primary address. Go to your set top box and go into each ADDON your mentioning here. Press the menu button and bring up the CONTEXT MENU.

From here select Add-on Settings.

Scroll to the right until you see the option that displays the URL the addon is using in order to access the content for that addon. (This may have been pre set by the person that sold you the set top box)

Once you copy these details down, go to your MAC AND REPEAT THE STEPS that bring you into the menu options for each Add-on.

Manually set the domain to match the settings in your set top box.

BOOM. YOU SHOULD BE SET.

-----

There is no special settings for TVMC to operate on devices. If your device is connected to the internet...TVMC is connected to the Internet. If an addon is acting strange it's either blocked (often the case in the UK) or it's broken. If broken we need a LOG FILE. (check my dog for our YouTube channel for details)

If in the UK we highly recommend investing in a VPN. These services can enable you access to anything on the web despite ISP blocking.