help with surround and buffering

scstowaway

Jan 2, 2017
I recently got a firestick tv. I used tv add ons wizard. for the most part things are working great. However, I'm very much into surround sound and what not, and id really like to be able to watch movies in 5.1 or better. I purchased a premium real debrid account in hopes to help with this. But since purchasing it, I have yet to be able to use it. Either A, It just skips through all the RD sources, or B, it just constantly buffers. Ive tried this on Ex**us, SA*TS, and Pho*nix. So Im wondering, is there different add ons i should be using? is real debrid a joke? Is my internet too slow? Maybe asking for surround on a free service is being to greedy. Any help is much appreciated

monicajmcn

Mar 10, 2017
Glad to hear I am not t he only one with this issue. I too have surround sound but it doesn't seem to be working when I stream, the audio comes through the TV speakers, yet on source 1 which runs DVD and DISH, which I no longer have, the sound comes from the stereo speakers so I know that it is hooked up proper. Dish was hooked up to the receiver and MXQ is hooked up directly to a Samsung Smart TV, and it operates the android box on WIFI

I have an MXQ PRO and use Kodi Jarvis 16.1

I have the android box hooked up to "source 2"

I have the setting on my MXQ set to run the audio on Dolby, I have the allow pass through box checked, doesn't matter, the audio still comes through the TV.

I hope this makes sense

I am interested in a solution if there is one

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I would think you need to send the sound from your TV to your surround system. It really has nothing to do with your Android box or Kodi.

I have a similar system. In my TV's sound menu, I had to disable my TV speaker and enable "external Speakers" for it to always send my sound to my surround system.

NOTE that once you send your sound to the TV via HDMI, you likely end up with Stereo. Even if you now send this sound to your surround, you will never get back to 5.1. If your surround has HDMI out, I would send my sound to my surround system first and video from surround to TV.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Glad to hear I am not t he only one with this issue. I too have surround sound but it doesn't seem to be working when I stream, the audio comes through the TV speakers, yet on source 1 which runs DVD and DISH, which I no longer have, the sound comes from the stereo speakers so I know that it is hooked up proper. Dish was hooked up to the receiver and MXQ is hooked up directly to a Samsung Smart TV, and it operates the android box on WIFI

I have an MXQ PRO and use Kodi Jarvis 16.1

I have the android box hooked up to "source 2"

I have the setting on my MXQ set to run the audio on Dolby, I have the allow pass through box checked, doesn't matter, the audio still comes through the TV.

I hope this makes sense

I am interested in a solution if there is one
Pass-through doesn't work if you have 'Sync Playback to Display' selected in Kodi settings, due to re-sampling. Maybe that's your issue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Kodi Support 1
G Scraper Development 0
F Home Theater 3