Hi all. I'm having lots of trouble and need lots of help!

Kelly C.

Sep 5, 2016
I'm not a programmer or a computer genius, but I'm not stupid, either! This thing makes me feel like a bumbling idiot!!
My first problem is that very few of my add-ons work. My box came pre-loaded and I have done a factory reset on it and downloaded everything new, but I get error messages on almost everything I click on. I can't access live TV because ******* won't recognize my username or password, Hallmark Channel doesn't work, 3/4 of the time when I click on a movie it won't play. I uploaded my error log, but it might as well be written in a foreign language.
I also can't figure out how to set favorites, I have to scan through every time to get back to what I was watching (the few things I can actually access).
I have looked through a bunch of the posts here on the forum, and it seems as though the people who are answering the questions assume that everyone who is asking a question should already know everything there is to know about Kodi and the whole system.
Is there a Kodi for dummies out there somewhere that gives clear instructions in plain English and doesn't automatically assume that we are all rocket scientists? I have only had the box for a couple of months and it didn't come with instructions!
Thanks for any and all help, tips, and tricks!

Chadman

Oct 12, 2014
What addons are you using?

Heads up, the one that changed to all stars is a banned addon. It may be perfectly fine, but its not one that can be discussed here. As to the others, this forum only supports addons created by these developers. Coming in with other issues is like taking your Ford to a Honda mechanic. They drive the same roads, but we can't fix it.

Besides the addons, the next question is how did you install them? If you used a build other than the fusion installer (install wizard) supported here, we can't help you. Even if it installs Ex**us or something else supported here, it could easily do something else behind the scenes that is causing the problem.

So besides answering those questions, you need to decide if you want help from here or not. If you don't, carry on. Find the site you got your build or addons from and ask there. If you want help here, the first suggestion, if you used a build, is to do a fresh start or reinstall. Search fresh start on the site (not the forums, though you can find links here, too) and follow those instructions.

Come back with those 2 answers and real troubleshooting can start.

Kelly C.

Sep 5, 2016
Thanks for getting back to me. I did use fusion, then only the addons that popped up within Kodi that were available for downloading. I'm happy to use the fusion wizard if you would walk me step by step how to do that. I get a little confused going back and forth between "Program", "System", and "Video". I tend to get lost in the shuffle! LOL I did use the TVAddons wizard and was able to access more stuff, but I'm still not able to get the things I actually want.
Also, I still would like to be able to set and retrieve favorites and bookmarks so I don't have to spend 20-30 minutes trying to find something between all the various addons.
If the starred addon is banned, do I need to delete it and how do I go about doing that? Why is it banned?
Thanks a bunch!

Chadman

Oct 12, 2014
The starred one, I have no idea. Don't know what it is. And don't try and post around it. As far as deleting it goes System>Addons>My Addons>Video Addons (or whatever it is), find it in the list, click it and choose uninstall.

You still haven't mentioned the addons that you're using or trying to use... So, I'm just gonna list what are great video addons, in my own order of preference: Str**m All T** Sou**es; Ex**us; Vidtime; Pho*nix; The Ro**l We; and Velo**ty. Install them all, if you want. It pays to have backups, but only to a degree. You're likely to only use 2 or 3 video addons.

I don't really recommend the fusion wizard (which is the same as the TVAddons wizard). It doesn't hit with all my favourites and loads up ones I'll never use. But it gets the job done for beginners. My advice is try those addons listed above.

Or tell us which ones you're trying that aren't working.

Kelly C.

Sep 5, 2016
OK. Off the top of my head, Hallmark, Genesis, Ex**us, and Pho*nix are all giving me problems in one way or another. Mostly when I click on something to watch it, it will either not load at all, or it will give me an error message, or it will tell me there is no stream available. Those are the addons I have tried the most, but I get the same issue with anything I try.

Kelly C.

Sep 5, 2016
I already did that once, and none of the problems were fixed, TheLion. Is there no other option and what happens if I reinstall it and the problems continue?

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
I already did that once, and none of the problems were fixed, TheLion. Is there no other option and what happens if I reinstall it and the problems continue?
Genesis is old and not supported. If you already uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi once, how did it get installed again? I strongly suggest you do it again. Uninstall Kodi completely. If you have the Google Play Store, you can reinstall Kodi from there. It you can download the APK file from kodi.tv. once installed, it should be pretty blank, no addons. Then you can add http://fusion.tvaddons.co to your file manager. Then us suggest Addon Installer

Idok Fire

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Install es file explorer

Go to tools then click on root explorer, see if it's rooted, if so go into /system and look for preload folder and t the bottom a koditar.tz folder, delete kodi from inside the pre-installed folder but more importantly delete the kodi.tar.gz folder at the bottom of the system folder.

Then delete kodi again. Restart click on kodi icon and it should be dead. Then you can rebuild normally.
I wouldn't recommend kodi from Google play store- there's a reason I'll explain later use kodi.tv/download.
Rebuild using tvaddons methods only. Test test test.

Let me know if this works.

Kelly C.

Sep 5, 2016
OK, TheLion, I could not find "tools" or a "preload folder". I looked inside and outside of Kodi. I have now done a factory reset twice, reinstalled Kodi, then installed tvaddons. The last time I installed tvaddons, it popped up on the main screen of Kodi and I was able to use it, now I can't find it anywhere. I have tried the "addon installer", but that is getting me nowhere, either. PLEASE, I need step-by-step, detailed instructions of how to do this. I am completely new to all of this and none of what any of you has recommended has worked or made any sense. I am NOT stupid, but I AM completely unfamiliar with this entire set-up. I also tried to install fusion, but it told me the path was "not found". Obviously I am not doing something correctly, but from the conflicting advice I am getting, I honestly don't know where to go from here.

Kelly C.

Sep 5, 2016
I have no idea what that is or how to go about installing it. I'm telling you, I know nothing about how this works!!! That's why I am so frustrated. It is NOT user friendly. Please explain as if I'm a 5 year old just learning to read. :)

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I have no idea what that is or how to go about installing it. I'm telling you, I know nothing about how this works!!! That's why I am so frustrated. It is NOT user friendly. Please explain as if I'm a 5 year old just learning to read. :)
ES file explorer is an Android app from the play store. You really need to use Google for some of the stuff. I understand that is can be overwhelming but you need to really do some homework for the basic stuff.

rontom

Mar 31, 2015
I am far from a expert here, in fact I am nearly always asking for information, but the one thing I noticed in your post is, you refer to a factory reset, but I believe what the experts here want you to do is a fresh start from program, fresh start, this will bring you back to a new blank Kodi, install fusion and then use addon installer to download your apps.