Hi from Jo

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
Hi I have just joined your forum and since I am new to Kodi hoping you can help me with a few things maybe
Just got to figure out which forum first.
I want to add video pictures and music folders from my pc to the screen. If that is possible?

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
Certainly. Have a read here
https://www.tvaddons.co/kodi-library/
Of course, for Pictures or Music, you would need to start from the Picture or Music tab.
Thanks for that. Though cant do it.
Am I ok posting here or do I need to start a thread elsewhere?
Am new to all this.
The fact is it didn't know anything about Kodi. Have downloaded build from top tutorials on you tube
It is Aeon Nox Hyper TT V5.5. So I don't have a video tab:(

cscott1

Jul 7, 2016
You won't get any support for builds here... the reason is that we have no idea what the creator of that build included in it. Builds seem like an easy shortcut to a cool looking setup with all the best add-ons but in reality the author usually doesn't keep them updated for long and they break and become unusable weeks if not days after they are downloaded leaving it's users scratching their heads on how to fix them. My advice is to erase any build and kodi then reinstall kodi. Once you have a fresh install of kodi use the loader to install a few add-ons. For the cool look of builds you can easily achieve this yourself by changing the skin to Aeon Nox or whatever you like. And add fan art backgrounds and what not. By building your own kodi setup you will have a much better understanding of kodi and it will be easier to help you when you run into problems.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
cscott1's advice is the best you will get on this forum. Start fresh and install only what you really want or need.
Follow this tutorial for an semi-automatic setup
https://www.tvaddons.co/freshen-up-kodi/
However, Part 3 "Run Wizard" is not my fave way to setup Kodi. I much prefer to run the addon installer instead. See here:
https://www.tvaddons.co/addon-installer-kodi/

This will fix most of your problems, present and future.
Alternatively, you could learn how to tweak your skin and bring back the picture and music tabs. Some members here might be able to help....I am not one of them. I don't use that skin and certainly do not use builds.

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
Thank you all for replying. A few weeks ago I did install kodi and add lots of programs. But since I didnt know what i was doing lol it took me about 2 weeks and still didnt really have enough sites for music and movies which i want too.
I spent a week trying to install mega search and never did manage too.
I agree that the build i downloaded has much too much.
But just wanted a simple way of doing things.
If I could get help here I would love to learn.

Chadman

Oct 12, 2014
1) Follow the advice above to either do a fresh start.

2) At the end of step 2, follow the recommended method and install fresh start, addon installer and config wizard.

3) Do not go to step 3.

4) In Kodi, go to programs and open addon installer.

5) Use the search and add addons.

These are my suggestions. If you just do the must haves, you'll be more than covered.

Video must haves:

Str**m All T** Sou**es (great for all kinds of movies, maximum number of sources and quality)
Ex**us (great source, like above, less sources, but easier to use)
Vidtime (Sports, NHL and lots of different things together. Lots of one click to play video)
F4m Tester
F4m proxy

Must haves for kids:

cartoons8 (just about every cartoon you can think of. the best source for cartoons and anime)
Animal TV (live streams of animals)

Optional/alternatives:

The Ro**l We (backup for videos that is decent. Less selection, but more one click to play type)
1Ch**nel (backup for videos)
Velo**ty (backup for videos. Less selection, but more one click to play type)
Cas**way (sports)
Game Movie Database (videos edited together from the cinema scenes of videogames to make a movie)

Music must haves:

MP3 Streams (search and play a song or a whole album)
Radio (Radio streams from around the world. added by going from main screen system>addons>install from repo>all>music, not the addon installer)
Jango (pick an artist and it will create a radio station of songs by that artist and similar ones)

Optional:

Shoutcast
Tunein radio

Program addons:

Maintenance Tool
Opensubtitles

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
1) Follow the advice above to either do a fresh start.

2) At the end of step 2, follow the recommended method and install fresh start, addon installer and config wizard.

3) Do not go to step 3.

4) In Kodi, go to programs and open addon installer.

5) Use the search and add addons.

These are my suggestions. If you just do the must haves, you'll be more than covered.

Video must haves:

Str**m All T** Sou**es (great for all kinds of movies, maximum number of sources and quality)
Ex**us (great source, like above, less sources, but easier to use)
Vidtime (Sports, NHL and lots of different things together. Lots of one click to play video)
F4m Tester
F4m proxy

Must haves for kids:

cartoons8 (just about every cartoon you can think of. the best source for cartoons and anime)
Animal TV (live streams of animals)

Optional/alternatives:

The Ro**l We (backup for videos that is decent. Less selection, but more one click to play type)
1Ch**nel (backup for videos)
Velo**ty (backup for videos. Less selection, but more one click to play type)
Cas**way (sports)
Game Movie Database (videos edited together from the cinema scenes of videogames to make a movie)

Music must haves:

MP3 Streams (search and play a song or a whole album)
Radio (Radio streams from around the world. added by going from main screen system>addons>install from repo>all>music, not the addon installer)
Jango (pick an artist and it will create a radio station of songs by that artist and similar ones)

Optional:

Shoutcast
Tunein radio

Program addons:

Maintenance Tool
Opensubtitles
Thanks for that
Trying to learn as much as I can before I start so I get it right this time and no more messing lol

First question
Do I install Free Telly Program as well as Kodi?
Also what is a good search program? That is one of the reasons I installed a build because I couldn't find movies quickly in the basic Kodi.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Free Telly is a fork of Kodi. If you run Kodi and Free Telly you will essentially get two versions of Kodi running side by side. I would suggest you stick to Kodi.

To add to Chadman's list, I would add the newly released AccuRadio for your music needs. It is simply awesome.

Also, for your Video I would suggest you create a free account at Trakt.tv so you can authorize Str**m All T** Sou**es, Ex**us, Velo**ty and The Ro**l We (if installed). This keeps your watch status to date as well as keeping your video lists in case you ever need to redo your Kodi (which we all do sooner or later).

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
Help!
I now have a new problem. Builds are not so good. Cannot get rid of the one I installed!

Decided to Uninstall the Kodi with the build to start afresh.
Then re installed it
However it has started up in Confluence but the 1st screen is the build and a build message is scrolling the bottom still!
How do I get a completely fresh Kodi now?

It will not let me install fushion to do it.

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Some builds are like a virus. No matter what you do, they keep coming back. You might have to remove it completely, not just a fresh start. Then download Kodi from kodi.tv/download and follow the tutorial I already posted.

Chadman

Oct 12, 2014
Or, alternately, uninstall Kodi and install FreeTelly. Free Telly can co-exist with Kodi, so if you have any folders that won't delete on an uninstall, they won't affect it. Its also made for beginners.

I'm gonna try out Accuradio. Thanks, RavRob.

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
Uninstalled Kodi
Re installed but still got the build name on 1st screen and the banner running across the bottom none stop.

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
Some builds are like a virus. No matter what you do, they keep coming back. You might have to remove it completely, not just a fresh start. Then download Kodi from kodi.tv/download and follow the tutorial I already posted.
I have not got Free telly