Hi from Jo

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Uninstalled Kodi
Re installed but still got the build name on 1st screen and the banner running across the bottom none stop.
Uninstalling it is not enough, you need to completely remove the Profile Directory from your hard drive. To do this delete this folder -> C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
Uninstalling it is not enough, you need to completely remove the Profile Directory from your hard drive. To do this delete this folder -> C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi
Thank you so much that worked! Now have a blank Kodi again :)
I also found it very strange that in the Roaming folder I found a FreeTelly folder
I had installed it last week then installed it half hour later without using it.
Not happy it still left files there.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Thank you so much that worked! Now have a blank Kodi again :)
I also found it very strange that in the Roaming folder I found a FreeTelly folder
I had installed it last week then installed it half hour later without using it.
Not happy it still left files there.
If you don't remove it completely files are always left behind. I normally use a good unindalling tool to remove all profile folder and all keys from the registry. Manually you can remove the profile folder but the registry keys remain.....unless you really know what you are doing, don't mess with the registry. But a good uninstaller will remove all those flawlessly.

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
Well thanks all for getting me out of a mess.
Installing things bit by bit now. Noted the ones suggested :)

Just looking for a good overall search tool
Anybody suggest one?
I read about Mega Search but it won't let me install it.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Search for what? If you want to search for movies or tv shows, I would suggest Universal Media Player Provider. Unfortunately, Boogiepop may have stopped the support for it so not sure where to find it anymore. It still works for me though. You might still be able to find it.

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
Kodi - A good Search tool?

Thanks RavRob. Are there any other options?
What do you all use?
The one thing the build I downloaded did have was a good search tool for finding anything I had in Kodi very fast.
But obviously I don't know what is was to download that.

I tried to install Mega search but on the web it said do it from My Kodi repo. (Pipcan).
Installed Pipcan but My Kodi Repo said installed but wont do anything when I click on it.
It also said do it from Su*** *epo but could not find it there.

By the way my Kodi is looking good thanks to advice here. Just downloading what I need at present.

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Su*** *epo is garbage. It only has out dated addons that they steal from legit devs. Stay away from it. It is just as bad as a custom build from God knows where.

Pipcan isn't a dev on this forum so I can't comment on his doings.

If you already have something in your library, use the global search in the Program addons tab. If you want to search for a movie or tv show on the net, either use the addon itself. I use SA*TS almost exclusively and I find all I need from within the addon search engine. I also find many movies using Trakt.tv via my browser. I then add to my collection or to a private list and once I go back to Kodi, I fetch it from within the addon again.

Your addons will find most of what you are looking for. If Ex**us or SA*TS (or other addons) can't find it, it is likely not there yet.

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
Searching help

Su*** *epo is garbage. It only has out dated addons that they steal from legit devs. Stay away from it. It is just as bad as a custom build from God knows where.

Pipcan isn't a dev on this forum so I can't comment on his doings.

If you already have something in your library, use the global search in the Program addons tab. If you want to search for a movie or tv show on the net, either use the addon itself. I use SA*TS almost exclusively and I find all I need from within the addon search engine. I also find many movies using Trakt.tv via my browser. I then add to my collection or to a private list and once I go back to Kodi, I fetch it from within the addon again.

Your addons will find most of what you are looking for. If Ex**us or SA*TS (or other addons) can't find it, it is likely not there yet.
Thanks for replying.
Not tried SA*TS will download it thanks. Also look at track.tv as not sure what tv add one are best.
So am I best to uninstall Su*** *eport then (and pipcan too
since it's doing nothing?
What does Global Search do if I install it?Only tried it before and it found nothing.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Global search looks In your library. I don't think this what you want though.
Yes I would recommendo you Uninstall Su*** *epo and pipcan. As long as Su*** *epo is there, no one will help. Mostly because Su*** *epo I still all sort of crud that causes problems and we do this know what those guys have do e to the add some it installs.

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
Global search looks In your library. I don't think this what you want though.
Yes I would recommendo you Uninstall Su*** *epo and pipcan. As long as Su*** *epo is there, no one will help. Mostly because Su*** *epo I still all sort of crud that causes problems and we do this know what those guys have do e to the add some it installs.
Wow thanks, didn't know that. Will uninstall them.
You have been very helpful :D
Still after a good search box then too.

Chadman

Oct 12, 2014
I don't think you're really after a good search box, honestly. I think you just need to use your addons a little differently. Or properly.

You're trying to find things online to stream, right? Good news. The best searches available are in Str**m All T** Sou**es or Ex**us. Seriously, just try the search functions of either of those addons. It won't be a search box, I guess, but its 2 clicks to get to and its gonna work.

Jo77

Nov 27, 2016
I don't think you're really after a good search box, honestly. I think you just need to use your addons a little differently. Or properly.

You're trying to find things online to stream, right? Good news. The best searches available are in Str**m All T** Sou**es or Ex**us. Seriously, just try the search functions of either of those addons. It won't be a search box, I guess, but its 2 clicks to get to and its gonna work.
Ok. It's just the one in the build I installed searched everywhere and was fast.
But will try thanks.