Hi, I'm new here and to Kodi!! Help Please

Sara5dawn

Sep 21, 2016
My name is Donna How's everyone? I just found out about Kodi a few days ago and followed a youtube tutorial to install it on my laptop, which is Windows 10. It works great however upon exiting it crashes and I get the error message kodi is not responding do you want to close the program or wait?

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

There was a tutorial on Youtube on how to fix it, but I did not did not understand.

Thanks any help would be appreciated!

Jamiew1977

May 13, 2014
My name is Donna How's everyone? I just found out about Kodi a few days ago and followed a youtube tutorial to install it on my laptop, which is Windows 10. It works great however upon exiting it crashes and I get the error message kodi is not responding do you want to close the program or wait?

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

There was a tutorial on Youtube on how to fix it, but I did not did not understand.

Thanks any help would be appreciated!
Hi Donna.
Kodi on my windows Laptop takes about 10 second to shut down. On my Linux and android devices it about 15 seconds. Are you giving it time to shut down or is it crashing straight away?

Last edited:

cscott1

Jul 7, 2016
hi Donna welcome. My windows 10 does the same thing all the time. I normally just close the program I haven't noticed any ill affects in doing so but a fix would be nice I'm interested if anyone knows of one as well.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Some rogue addon is causing it, a log file would be needed to see exactly what the issue is.