Hi! New and going crazing with my box kicking out. Can anyone look at logs?

Tamika65

Jul 28, 2016
I'm not sure if this is ok. If this is not ok I understand. I've tried everything and every suggestion. I have an Mxq pro that randomly kicks out and reboots to Mbox. Sometimes I can't get Internet to reconnect without unplugging and replugging. I've looked at logs but don't have a clue what to do with warnings or errors or if it's the reason it kicks out. If anyone's willing to help or this is not the right avenue pls let me know. I appreciate your time in advance truly.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You need to post your log so someone can look at it. Also some details....what your box pre-loaded with Kodi by chance? It might be causing the issues you are mentioning. Try and remove Kodi completely, reboot the box and re-install Kodi and the only addons you really want.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Mxq pro has terrible corrupted software, and very bad online reviews. Wouldn't be my first choice of boxes.

If I were stuck with one I'd find a new Rom for it and slam it in there. You have a broken foundation, I'd be more concerned with fixing that first than worrying about kodi.

Tamika65

Jul 28, 2016
Where is a good place to look for a new ROm? thx for your feedback👍🏻Would you recommend Freaktab as a good place?
Many thx for you advice and help.

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Just a thought. If it kicks you out, it could simply be due to dropping your wifi. Install "wifi fixer" from the play store and run it. See if that makes any difference. It sure helped with my Tablet dropping wifi constantly.

Worth a shot.

RR

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Where is a good place to look for a new ROm? thx for your feedback����
Freak tab, these guys do this just to get warmed up.
It takes a lot of studying up. Not something you just hit a button and get immediately. I'd take a look there it may be a bit over your head though, don't know what level you're at.

Here's a link if you are interested:
http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905/others-ac/firmware-roms-tools-bj/577418-mxq-pro-instructions-for-installing-sd-robots-firmware-with-twrp
Make certain which exact model you have- pro or pro plus? This rom is for pro plus.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, lol. And I hope I'm not opening up a can of worms for you.

It's a common problem though and common problems have common solutions. There's a ton of people in the same boat as you.

First question is your kodi and addons pre installed? If you factory data reset does kodi install? and any addons? That's your first step. if they don't install themselves after a factory data reset then that's great news.

Last edited:

Tamika65

Jul 28, 2016
No unfortunately, Kodi does reset with a whole bunch of junk. :( Ugh! Thanks for trying to soften the blow! lol