How can I see what Episode I have already watched

NetS

Jan 28, 2016
Hello,

I'm using Kodi for a month now. and stil have questions. Here is one of them. I've had a pre-installed kodi version. There I could exactly see what episodes and what seasons I already had watched. Now I have installed kodi myself and can't find where I can set something up to see what I have watched already. Can some one help?

Thanks!!;)

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
It depends what addons you are using. If you use SA*TS, Velo**ty, The Ro**l We and even Genesis for a while longer, if you have a trakt account and have authorized those addons to use Trakt, you should be able to have everything getting marked as watched.

But you are missing some details about all this, so it's pretty hard to answer.

NetS

Jan 28, 2016
It was my idea that whatever addon I use it will mark what i have watched. Or is that not even possible? It's not necessary that if i have watched an episode on SA*TS that it also marks at Velo**ty. is that clear enough?

Edit: It's not handy to use trackt, because I will copy kodi for friends and family

THANKS!

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
SA*TS will mark as watched even without Trakt. I believe Velo**ty and The Ro**l We will also mark as watched withoug Trakt. So it depends on what addon you are using. I do use some addont that will not mark as watched regardless of what I do.

So what addon are you using that is not marking as watched for you?

Trakt is really good if you want to re-install Kodi fresh, it will mark your previously watchec shows/movies so you don't have to try and remember what you had watched.....but it is not required per se.

NetS

Jan 28, 2016
Mosty I use Velo**ty (doesn't mark) 2nd is SA*TS (doesn't mark aswell). So am I doing something wrong maybe?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Both of those should mark as watched once you reach the end but both recommend using a trakt account and the Trakt addon. I am just not sure they work that way without a Trakt account and the Trakt addon.

Try trakt on the one device and see if that fixes your problems. If that works just create a trakt account for your family members. It's simple and it will make it work for them as well. I have installed tons on friends and family members devices and everytime I create a trakt account for them. Never had a report that they don't get a "marked as watched" problem.

At least trying a trakt account and the trakt addon will confirm whether it is needed of not.