How can i upgrade My Kodi Jarvis Version without losing my favorites and settings!!!!

GrimeySkillz

Dec 9, 2014
I Keep getting a notice everytime I open up kodi to go to this tvaddons.co/jarvis to upgrade to the latest version. I would like to do that if it will mean that my kodi program will run more smoothly. However I already have kodi installed and don't want to lose my settings! is there a way to install the new kodi version and keep settings and the checked off episodes that I have already watched? what is the latest version?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You should be able to install over top the old version and overwrite the program itself without losing any of your settings. However, it iIs it always a good idea to create a restore point on a computer or a backup on Android just in case something goes wrong.

GrimeySkillz

Dec 9, 2014
You should be able to install over top the old version and overwrite the program itself without losing any of your settings. However, it iIs it always a good idea to create a restore point on a computer or a backup on Android just in case something goes wrong.
A back up restore point huh? how do i go about adding a restore point to a computer?

kangocartman

Feb 3, 2016
@GrimeySkillz

Hi assuming you have google playstore app on your box type in kodi in the search bar, select the blue kodi icon from the list,
it will then have the update option if you press on that it will update your kodi version to Jarvis 16 keeping your exsisting
settings.

Hope this helps.
Kc