How do i upgrade atv 2 from eden to frodo ?

n1azteca

Nov 30, 2013
I have an atv 2 4.4.4 that has xbmc eden and im trying to upgrade to frodo. i have tried removing it with nito installer ,no luck . also i tried to remove nito, no luck. i have tried ssh to upgrade or remove xbmc, no luck. im really new to this stuff!
i will say that when i try to upgrade xmbc thru nito it gives me this error.......

(E: type 'libcreposix.o.o.odylib' is not known on line 1 in source list etc/apt/sources/list.d/saurik.list

E: The list of sources could not be read)

If sombody can point me in the right direction, that would be nice

Last edited:

n1azteca

Nov 30, 2013
i mean i have xbmc installed in there right now , and also tried the link you provided , when i go to rebooting it . it just comes back to being the same

Last edited:

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Wait until crusader is around,he should be able to help you

He likes his apples ;)

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
I have an atv 2 4.4.4 that has xbmc eden and im trying to upgrade to frodo. i have tried removing it with nito installer ,no luck . also i tried to remove nito, no luck. i have tried ssh to upgrade or remove xbmc, no luck. im really new to this stuff!
i will say that when i try to upgrade xmbc thru nito it gives me this error.......

(E: type 'libcreposix.o.o.odylib' is not known on line 1 in source list etc/apt/sources/list.d/saurik.list

try this , http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Install_XBMC_on_Apple_TV_2#ATV_4.x

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK

try this , http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Install_XBMC_on_Apple_TV_2#ATV_4.x

edit..oh i see mj71 has allready pointed you to this but this method is how i always do it, as i don't like install nitotv on my atv2

picaninnyfreeze

Sep 10, 2012
florida swamps
use the nito installer ?
or if ya (STILL) have nito on your system you can do it from there .

c/p NitoTV on the Apple TV 2

1. Scroll right to the NitoTV menu on the Apple TV and choose the first option "Install Software".
2. Scroll down the list until you see "XBMC-ATV2" and click on that.
3. From that menu press "install" and your Apple TV will install XBMC and then do a SOFT reboot (no tethered boot required).
4. XBMC will now be in your Apple TV menu, scroll right to it, click and enjoy.

And you're done! You should now be running XBMC v12 Frodo for Apple TV 2 !

Last edited:

n1azteca

Nov 30, 2013
i tried that as well i go down where xbmc is at an i see that is says update but this is the error i get

picaninnyfreeze

Sep 10, 2012
florida swamps
i tried that as well i go down where xbmc is at an i see that is says update but this is the error i get

NITO INSTALLER Should fix that , that happened to me B4 and i used
nito installer .
upgrade nito then upgrade XBMC .
do a dump with I FAITH first to save your blobs

n1azteca

Nov 30, 2013
i tried doing ifaith aswell and it stayed for like 40 min in expoitation. so i canceled it . i shouldt of taken that long .

Surfer

Oct 1, 2013
I have much experience with the Apple TV 2 and this would be my suggestions.

1) Try upgrading using Nito Install (as you stated this didn't work)
2) Try upgrading using the command line
3) Re-Program the device including re-jailbreaking the device