How to copy addons that are on another box to another box with a external device?

King23

Apr 22, 2015
I am helping people with their tv boxes , as they would like to have the same addons that I am having , I was wondering whether or not there is a faster way , by using an external device or any other way that would allow me to transfer my addons to their addons. Instead of adding them one by one, which is time consuming.

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
I am helping people with their tv boxes , as they would like to have the same addons that I am having , I was wondering whether or not there is a faster way , by using an external device or any other way that would allow me to transfer my addons to their addons. Instead of adding them one by one, which is time consuming.
use the xbmc backup and restore addon facilty and save to an external sd card or usb drive

King23

Apr 22, 2015
is that addon , in total installer, will that take everything that is on it , even the background. I want to replicate everything from one box to another . Thank you for the reply, really helpful

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Put your backgrounds in a folder within the userdata folder then copy the userdata & addons folders onto a USB stick. Then just paste the folder over to the new device, works fine for me. One thing you may have to do is delete the textures#.db file but otherwise everything should be ok.

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
is that addon , in total installer, will that take everything that is on it , even the background. I want to replicate everything from one box to another . Thank you for the reply, really helpful
its in the xbmc/kodi addons allready on your system, go to get addons and search for backup
to be safe with "backgrounds" make a separate copy of guisettings.xml and load that back on into the userdata folder whilst xbmc inst running. Unless you have any custom backgrounds it will be identical.
If you have set up your library to read from your own local storage this of course wont be the same on another box.