How to disable scrolling with mouse movement (MacOS)

sultanofswig

Jan 26, 2017
In some of the addons (not all though), mouse movements, up or down, will scroll through the lists. I want to disable this scrolling. I think it is a feature that the addon developers have added but not sure.

How do i disable this scrolling? I do use the mouse to navigate through Kodi in general on my Mac.

Thank you

Krunchy

Sep 25, 2013
USA
Not sure if this is what you're asking about, but go to System >> Settings >> System >> Input Devices and disable Mouse/Touchscreen support.

(This is for 16.1. If you're on 17, I'm not sure since I bailed on 17 after about 3 weeks!)

sultanofswig

Jan 26, 2017
I was not able to explain the issue clearly in my original post. Someone on the kodi forum described the same issue I am having as below. Hopefully their description is easier to understand. Not sure if anyone has any suggestion to change/fix this behavior.

"
Hi, everyone.
First of all, I would like to thank Kodi Team for their incredible work.
I would like to ask about the problem that I have with scrolling on my laptop concerning Kodi.
Every time I try to scroll either via the touchpad or the mouse wheel, the scrolling is done so quickly that I cannot click on anything. It seems that when I scroll upwards or downwards, after I cross the middle of the screen, scrolling is accelerated in such a way that I cannot click on the stations I like, for instance. The only thing I can do is select via the arrow keys on the keyboard. Is there a way to customize that through Kodi itself or is it the way it generally works?

Thanks in advance.
"

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Using a mouse to control Kodi is a terrible idea anyway imo, I've tried it and found it to be horrendous. Kodi is designed to be used with a Remote Control or keyboard, it's not built with a mouse in mind. If you disable the mouse completely and just use the keyboard you will probably wonder why you ever bothered with the mouse in the first place. Arrow Keys & PgUp/PgDown are so much easier to navigate with on almost every Kodi skin out there.