[HOW TO] Install XBMC on Amazon Fire TV Using Nothing But Your Android Phone Or Table

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Everyone has said you can't do a launcher it crashes the unit
You said you have one. Have you tried? Multiple users here, including me have tried and succeeded. You keep posting everywhere as if you are stating facts.

How do you install a launcher?
Like any other apk

Yes and a x7 and x7 mini and Apple TV 2. And will have a tronsmart vega next week
Was asking only about the AFTV ;) others are irrelevant to the question.

Actually running Xbmc on ouya on the Unit seems to offer the best playback on 1080p files I have used.
Strange as your past 6 poets around this forum are telling users to stay away from OUYA and what crap it is.

pizzaman

Jan 13, 2014
Xbmc on ouya version on the fire TV. Spmc is jumpy and offical doesn't play either. I have been helping out in the official forums with the different builds. I do not own an ouya

pizzaman

Jan 13, 2014
I don't know how to do that on other boxes it's download from play store and install. But how on FTV? On the official site people say they have tried and it defaults back to stock

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Xbmc on ouya version on the fire TV. Spmc is jumpy and offical doesn't play either. I have been helping out in the official forums with the different builds. I do not own an ouya
Actually SPMC is butter smooth for me on all file formats thus far. Just sideloaded using ADB and have not had a hiccup since. MP4, MKV, 1080, 720, SD... so far so good.

CHUMP

Apr 14, 2014
Just wanted to say THANKS for this thread. I decided to go PC free a bit ago (except at work) and was thinking I would never be able to sideload apps to my AFTV. This worked perfectly and is easy as pie. THANK YOU!

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
XBMC can be installed on a jailbreak device... but not in a similar fashion. apo files are for android. APPLE PRODUCTS have their own version

Jhonitro

Jan 2, 2013
I have a jailbroken iPad already installed xbmc my question was can I use my jailbroken iPad to install xbmc to my amazon fire tv.

I downloaded a mobile terminal and have Ifile but I just can't connect to my amazon tv.

DroidFan

Jun 25, 2013
Hey Showgun,
Great instructions. It SEEMED to be a piece of cake, I did everything you said and it all happened just as you said, however....

I couldnt find XBMC anywhere in my FTv...I assumed it should be under the App section? I got success on the JS terminal send....(though my tablet screen did go to sleep in the middle of the process I woke it up immidiately)

I also restarted the FTv, hoping that would help it show up in the list an the main screen, but it didnt.... I finally found it under Settings/Applications. You might want to add this to the sticky. I was sure I did something wrong.

Thanks again, that was pie....

Last edited:

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Hey Showgun,
Great instructions. It SEEMED to be a piece of cake, I did everything you said and it all happened just as you said, however....

I couldnt find XBMC anywhere in my FTv...I assumed it should be under the App section? I got success on the JS terminal send....(though my tablet screen did go to sleep in the middle of the process I woke it up immidiately)

I also restarted the FTv, hoping that would help it show up in the list an the main screen, but it didnt.... I finally found it under Settings/Applications. You might want to add this to the sticky. I was sure I did something wrong.

Thanks again, that was pie....
oops... Will do.

DroidFan

Jun 25, 2013
oops... Will do.
New Issue: Simple remote wont control the cursor when on the keyboard within XBMC....thus I cant install Fusion.....I assume I can use a keyboard....but doing searches will be impossible without hooking up a keyboard every time.

Something I am doing wrong again?

Jhonitro

Jan 2, 2013
New Issue: Simple remote wont control the cursor when on the keyboard within XBMC....thus I cant install Fusion.....I assume I can use a keyboard....but doing searches will be impossible without hooking up a keyboard every time.

Something I am doing wrong again?
Go to System - System - Input Devices - Remote Control Sends Keyboard Presses check this and it will work