[HOW TO] Install XBMC on Amazon Fire TV

Swede1

Apr 28, 2014
Oops, sorry!! Didn't know that wasn't allowed, again I'm sorry :-(

Question though, I just tried to use the airplay feature in xbmc, but I must be missing something, when I turn airplay on on my iphone it says xbmc ( local host ) but nothing shows up on my tv? What am I missing?

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Oops, sorry!! Didn't know that wasn't allowed, again I'm sorry :-(

Question though, I just tried to use the airplay feature in xbmc, but I must be missing something, when I turn airplay on on my iphone it says xbmc ( local host ) but nothing shows up on my tv? What am I missing?
Not sure. I don't use iOS anymore :(

Esso1001

Apr 27, 2013
Are you using the airplay function while on xbmc? Mines work just fine.. Also what ios are you on?

Swede1

Apr 28, 2014
Yeah, I start up xbmc, and on my iPhone it says: xbmc ( local host ) but when I click on that I don't see anything on the tv. iPhone 5s iOS 7.1.1

Swede1

Apr 28, 2014
That's exactly what I have done but it still doesn't work, must be something I'm missing?

meeko100

May 10, 2014
First I'd like to say HI and great work.I used the guide you had on the front page link to install with windows and noticed that in that folder there were files that the person left out.In the image in step 9 files adb.exe,AdbWinApi.dll andAdbWinUsbApi.dll.When I hit 1 to install then asked for my IP and hit enter it came up with the error did not recognize.So I saw a video that directed me to the wiki page and I saw in the windows install to get the file from this link,you might want to add that link before step 9
Download and unzip the ADB Utility from http://d-h.st/TYa

The file I unzipped into the folder that is mentioned on the page and did the click on the install xbmc file and then did the 1 and enter and then entered my IP address and it worked great didn't have to build anything the program did it all.took alil bit but once it was done,I when to the apps in settings and there it was xbmc.

Now was able to do the fusion and install the from zip thingie and it was off to the races seems to be working fine.EXcept once and a while it kicks me from xbmc back to the launch menu.and yeah I like the lil remote that comes with aftv

Last edited:

Lake Camelot

Sep 8, 2013
Sorry to ask a question in the thread. But I am not sure where else to post it. I had no luck using the adb commands. I tried the automated program to load it. It starts up. But then says it is waiting for device. It says it is not available. I do had the settings right and have the right IP address. I am wondering could this be a firewall issue with my router? I am confused why it isn't seeing the fire TV. Does anyone have any ideas what would cause that?

prospect500

Oct 17, 2013
Yes. SPMC is... But I use Gotham. If you install add-ons with either the WIZARD or add-on INSTALLER the addition s will still work. This bypasses the issues with installing via repos.
How is gotham vs SPMC? I remember you using SPMC in the past. Is it easy to sideload onto the Amazon Fire TV? Which is the easier method?

Depending on the pros and cons, I was going to remove SPMC. Install Gotham, and re-sync to fusion.

Also, I'm still having difficulties streaming HD content. The file would play for 5 minutes then go black with audio still playing and green lines at the top of the screen (as if it were a codec issue).

prospect500

Oct 17, 2013
I'm stable Gotham ALL THE WAY on my machine. Flawless out of the box.
Alright, I'll give gotham a go to see if it will solve some of my current issues at the moment. Is there a link for the Gotham build? I plan to sideload it.

prospect500

Oct 17, 2013
I installed Gotham 13.1 using the upgrade method (adb install -r). Now I have to option to load SPMC or XBMC. When i go into XBMC to sync fusion to the Gotham build, I can't move across the keyboard to input the site information. Any suggestions? I didn't want to spend hours troubleshooting (uninstall, reinstall, and etc.. etc). Thanks in Advance.