[HOW TO] iNSTALL XBMC ONTO YOUR OUYA

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
Been without my ouya for 3 months now and it has finally been shipped after numerous lies and excuses from customer support. Can't wait to try xbmc on it again.

jamie6666

Dec 5, 2012
<edit: promoting another site and while not providing a unique solution or answer>

Last edited by a moderator:

william265

May 24, 2013
is there a build of xbmc that does have 5.1 pass through thru hdmi for ouya thought there was but i guess I side loaded wrong apk if there is a ver xbmc that does hav 5.1 pass through

bigdogeh

May 6, 2012
Thinking of getting one of these if I can sell one of my WDTV Live Plus boxes in short time. I went to that link and a guy posted in the comments:

"Apparently the freaking new update restricted from downloading or sideload anything. Which is great, cause I just got mine Thanksgiving. wtf"

Is this going to interfere with loading XBMC?
not sure what he's been smokin but it hasn't affected mine at all. i have the new firmware and can still sideload and download just about anything... if anything it's definitely better with the new firmware..

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
I can confirm (for me) that the update has caused my ouya not to work "correctly". No USB drives detected. I can't download directly to the internal memory other that apps/games from the discover store. So no sideloading straight from dropbox or downloading APKs directly from websites. Just get "no usb storage available" message. No option to download to internal. I can mount usb drive using a program called USB OTG helper which boots with the ouya. All my emulators and programs can use this drive (once mounted) so i keep all my game roms on this and if need to install any other apks i have to copy them to this drive using my PC then use FilePWN to find them and install them. I have tried factory resets etc but nothing. Not the end of the world just a nuisance.

However... I can play all my emulators on it (MAME, N64, SNES, SEGA and PSX) and it runs xbmc perfectly. Even bought a Mellee Pro remote for it which i'll setup sometime over Christmas.

Last edited:

daflyboys

Aug 27, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not familiar with all of the terminology connected to the OUYA, but basically wondering if there are different "firmware" type builds/updates or is it an all or none type updating?